barclaycard customer services English call center.

Options
Like many of you, I have been battling for months trying to either pay or query my barclaycard account with frustrating off shore call centres. At last I have a telephone number for an English call center that does not get routed off shore.
Barclaycard should follow BT's recent decision to bring the off shore call centers back to the uk and start providing good levels of customer service again. For those that would like to benefit from the UK number - 0844 5560104

Comments

• hopperson
    hopperson Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this - I hope its still current because I have been having real problems with Barclaycard since they took on Egg customers.

Because I neglected to inform Egg of my new address when I moved a couple of years ago I didn't receive all the paperwork when they were taken over by Barclaycard.

Consequently when I recently had need to use my Egg card for my upcoming wedding I contacted Barclaycard and eventually I managed to get them to send me a new card. However, I've tried to register my Barclaycard on their site as a former Egg customer. To do this I had to enter the number and security number of my new card, plus my date of birth and my mother's maiden name (security questions used as my login to my Egg account), but all I got was this message:
    Sorry, we cannot find any matches for the details you've supplied
    Please contact our Internet Customer Services on:
    0844 556 0105
    If you're abroad, call on:
    +44 1452 828 001
    between 8am–10pm, 7 days a week

SO, I phoned the number (the one to call from abroad, so I'm charged at local rates) and spoke to someone in an India-based call centre whose English was so poor that I could only just understand what he was saying. I tried to explain my problem but he just directed me to the account registration screen on the website.

SO, I decided to take advantage of the 'chat' feature where you can talk to someone online. That was no help at all as all they did was redirect to the website, or to call the callcentre.

SO, I decided to send a message via the 'Contact Us' part of the website. I explained my problems registering my account and asked if there was an English-based centre I could contact. They sent me a reply basically advising me to register using the website, and if that doesn't work, to contact the call centre! round and round in circles!!

So I will try the number you provided. Thank you!!
  • leicsmarkyr
    Options
    hopperson wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I hope its still current because I have been having real problems with Barclaycard since they took on Egg customers.

Because I neglected to inform Egg of my new address when I moved a couple of years ago I didn't receive all the paperwork when they were taken over by Barclaycard.

No disrespect but you have all the issues because of yourself, i.e. no informing of an address change. You cannot blame any of your credit issuers for this
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My suggestions is - if you have a choice ditch Barclaycard.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    The irony of complaining about offshore call centres and using an American spelling in the title line.
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hopperson wrote: »
    spoke to someone in an India-based call centre whose English was so poor that I could only just understand what he was saying.

Why not call again, you will be very unlikely to get through to the same agent and I've found the vast majority easy to understand and helpful.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • hopperson
    hopperson Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    redpete wrote: »
    Why not call again, you will be very unlikely to get through to the same agent and I've found the vast majority easy to understand and helpful.

Thanks, redpete, for a helpful and sensible response.
  • scott_lithgows
    scott_lithgows Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy to get an English call centre but just as happy to get one in Scotland,Wales or Ireland (North or South)
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ironic OP states he wants an English call centre when he titles his thread with a small b instead of a B in Barclaycard and spells centre the American way!
  • savagej
    savagej Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Options
    You are the second person to say that.

Would it be ironic in Hindi? Yes, it would be; but in English which we all understand regardless of the variation there is no irony.

It is the case that it can be very difficult to get across more complex issues to B/card (and sometimes very simple ones) and other companies with call centre's abroad and they know it too.
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I think we all know what the OP meant, and to pull up the american way of spelling is pedantic to say the least, a lot of the times in these call centres it is very difficult and making yourself understood speaking to folk who's native language is not English, I would prefer to speak to a uk call centre or even a american call centre than indian one forexample
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure