**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've beaten my target!! Woohoo!! Not sure whether to raise the bar or enjoy revelling in the fact that I've made over £125 in just under one month.

Keeping on going though and have more to list. Only managed to get three listings on this weekend and am another who got stung with the increased postage. Fortunately it was only one item and it was because they took 3 days to pay and then I was out all day Saturday. Thought with it finishing last Monday evening, I would be fine but never mind.

Flat is still looking full of clutter though which is a bit of a pain.
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • sophiasmum
    sophiasmum Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This postage thing is making me a bit nervous! I sell a lot of similar items and used to know how much to send singles and multiples to UK,Europe and America etc.. I feel a bit out of control at the moment!
    Have just added 99p listings (including relists) to make sure I use up my 99p quota before we get more tomorrow... I know when people contact me for postage quotes now Ill be doublechecking prior to replying!
  • sophiasmum
    Options
    Just added x8 99p items - getting May off to a good start!
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    hello everyone- i starting selling stuff on ebay last year and made close to £600 :j however since then have lost the will a bit despite this house still bursting at the seems :o so am hoping to join you in your efforts & hopfully get my ebay buzz back - we are going on hols in 10 week time and so would love to get a contribution towards the spending money for then am going to set myself a target of £300 :eek: Does anyone know when the next free listing weekend is as I have some brand new with tags stuff that I really dont want to list at 99p - however got lots of old baby clothes etc than can get lumped on to start me off - wish me luck.............
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • sophiasmum
    Options
    Hi Scotdebs -we won't know when the next Free listing weekend is until maybe the day before....There was one last weekend - so maybe in 1 or 2 weeks? Although - you never know, have had 2 weeks running before.
    Good luck!!
  • FrugalLina
    FrugalLina Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am so missing selling on Ebay :(

Will start up again after my busy weekend is over - I have been tidying (!) and found lots more that can be listed when I get the time.

Got well and truly stiffed this week by the postage rise. I had something finishing 10 days ago and the buyer had a Paypal problem (he wrote and apologised etc), so he only paid me on Sunday. Of course, during that time the postage costs rose, so I think I made a loss on that one, grrr!

Keep up the good work everyone - I will be back at it next week - yay!
    31.5/100
  • slipper75
    slipper75 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Becks81 wrote: »
    Well I've remembered why I gave up on ebaying the last time :mad:

I'm a stupid moo and forgot about the postal charges going up today. I've posted out 6 items today and made a loss on each and every one of them. I'm so angry with myself. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still have 5 items that I'm waiting payment on but I've already calculated I will lose out on at least 3 of them. :(

I think I will be sending things out normal post, but I can bet because its the first time I'm doing it I will get an INR.

Becks - how terrible that it's worked out so poorly for you :( Sending you oodles of good wishes so that your remaining come in at a healthy profit:)

Take care,
    Slipper
    [FONT=&quot]!!!!!![FONT=&quot] Make Me Rich This Year eBay & Gumtree [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    2013 goal is getting rid of all my clutter and it would be a bonus to make
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]£2000 again doing so!
    £291/£2000 = 15%
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • sophiasmum
    Options
    Hello everyone! Where are you all??Anyone still ebaying? I only managed to list x 8 new listings yesterday but I did have really good intentions, life just seems to be getting in the way at the mo. My listings that finished yesterday did well - too add any more though, I need to do some sorting and research. My aim for the week = 25 new listings :)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sophiasmum wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Where are you all??Anyone still ebaying? I only managed to list x 8 new listings yesterday but I did have really good intentions, life just seems to be getting in the way at the mo. My listings that finished yesterday did well - too add any more though, I need to do some sorting and research. My aim for the week = 25 new listings :)

Still here! Had a good 2 weeks following FLW but decide to be a bit more judicious with what when and how I list the next lot of stuff. I also have a 90 item limit on my account for no obvious reason so I dont what to use it all up unless I feel confident that it will sell - I have been decluttering in other ways this week - Oxf*m and Fr**gle :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • FlacosFloozie
    FlacosFloozie Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A last minute bidding war means I've made around £60 this week. Very pleased with that :D
    MFW 2024 £0/7500 Mortgage £129,500 Jan 22 Final payment June 38 Now £99,801.75 FP May 36 Emergency Fund £17,500 100% Added to ISA 24 £0 Save 12k in 24 #31 £0/20,000 Debt Free 31.07.14
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure