**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• mymamma
    mymamma Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Managed to sell some items ending yesterday. 1 buyer asked me for a total, so sent her invoice as usual. Realised later that she had bought 2 items. Wondering whether she was expecting me to combine postage? She didn't ask, and I don't offer in my listings. Should I go back to her and offer, worried that she might rate me lower because of it. What do you think?
    Lost 38.5 lb with SW so far, 56LB to go!:A
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mymamma wrote: »
    Hi
    Managed to sell some items ending yesterday. 1 buyer asked me for a total, so sent her invoice as usual. Realised later that she had bought 2 items. Wondering whether she was expecting me to combine postage? She didn't ask, and I don't offer in my listings. Should I go back to her and offer, worried that she might rate me lower because of it. What do you think?

she probably was expecting combined postage as 2 items. Would it work out cheaper for her to combine?

I did this one and the buyer was 10p better off with combined postage! but gave it to them anyway.
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I would. I've done it as both a buyer and a seller... but as a buyer, I usually e-mail the seller first to ask if they're willing to combine postage.

I should think she'll rate you higher for combining postage for her.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm back from my holiday, and trying to find the motivation to start listing again...

I know I need to, but i'm still basking in the happiness of knowing I don't have any parcelling up to do!
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • mymamma
    mymamma Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks, she's already paid now, so I'll refund her the difference :)
    Lost 38.5 lb with SW so far, 56LB to go!:A
  • Becks81
    Becks81 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    After my last few weeks of poor sales, I listed an old bike that has been sitting in my garage for years. Collection only item with BIN price of £90 and it sold :eek:

Was so shocked as I really was beginning to give up with ebay. Only problem is, the buyer paid via paypal when listing clearly stated cash only on collection :mad: I've read the horror stories over on the ebay board and did not want to be stung with INR etc etc

I refunded and emailed to explain the situation and have heard nothing back - knowing my luck they won't pay up now!

Hope everyone else is doing well with ebay.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Becks81 wrote: »
    A
    Was so shocked as I really was beginning to give up with ebay. Only problem is, the buyer paid via paypal when listing clearly stated cash only on collection :mad: I've read the horror stories over on the ebay board and did not want to be stung with INR etc etc

what's INR?

they probably wanted to cover themselves by buying with paypal, ie if not suitable they can ask for a refund.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »

what's INR?

they probably wanted to cover themselves by buying with paypal, ie if not suitable they can ask for a refund.

INR= Item Not Received

Aesop the scam is buyer collect item and then complains they didnt receive it and gets refunded :eek:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Aesop
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    INR= Item Not Received

Aesop the scam is buyer collect item and then complains they didnt receive it and gets refunded :eek:

thanks Igamogam

:eek: I had someone collect an item but she sent her son round and he paid in cash.
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    20 out of 30 lots sold, 3 did really well considering what they were.

Will work out profits after I've posted at lunchtime but going to have a nice chunk to withdraw from paypal.

My in laws were staying at the weekend and my father in law didn't get the benefit of ebaying and was saying wouldn't all the packing up be tedious. I was trying to explain that the benefit of the money (to spend on new furniture) combined with the getting rid of stuff was worth it, and this is the person with a house full of stuff and who sits doing nothing but watch tv most nights.

Will post my total later, hopefully will be about £150.
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts