New Post Advanced Search

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 December 2010 at 11:09AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.6K replies 293.2K views

Replies

• Hmm_2Hmm_2 Forumite
    81 posts
    Hi All,

I know I'm a bit late, but can I join in and say £100 for me and DH for January please...this is for all food and toiletries. Made tomato and basil soup for lunches this week and going to try a new recipe this evening for potato crust quiche as I'm not too keen on pastry crusts.....:D
  • kippers wrote: »
    but i have half a can of coconut milk left to use up
    I use coconut milk in sponge cakes - just omit the cows milk or one of the eggs in the recipe and replace the vanilla extract with lime or lemon juice :)
    Started my own business and loving being my own boss
    march gc 144/230
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...id like to climb back on the gc bandwagon :A

im going for a budget of £30 a week in jan as im well stocked...thats for x2 adults and x2 kids

good luck everyone
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Hey all :) anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake? I'm stuck!!!

I have everything you would need- vanilla, orange, ginger, mixed spice, (he doesn't like chocolate) eggs, all flours, icing, butter etc etc

If you can think of anything please let me know!

xx
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    wssla00 wrote: »
    Hey all :) anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake? I'm stuck!!!

I have everything you would need- vanilla, orange, ginger, mixed spice, (he doesn't like chocolate) eggs, all flours, icing, butter etc etc

If you can think of anything please let me know!

xx

Does he like coffee cake? I have a real winner of a coffee cake recipe that always goes down well.
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,339.44/£10,000 63.4%
    Target CC - £0/£1030 SIF by Nov 2020
    Target Loan - £0/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 - 52%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 189 (7 in 2019 + 2020)
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    well thats another £4 for me thats the twins snack money for nursery
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • XSpender wrote: »
    Does he like coffee cake? I have a real winner of a coffee cake recipe that always goes down well.

I'd love the coffee cake recipe please - love coffee cake yum yum

Updated siggy - DH went to the shope for milk and veg

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Oooh! Coffee cake! That's sorted then :D
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • maz1964maz1964 Forumite
    901 posts
    hiya all

id saved this thread and had been viewing each day but wasnt sure what id go for , so for this first month going to go for 300

thats for 3 adults and a child

im planning to do a freezer, fridge and cupboard listing and then as i add or run out my shopping list will be added to daily. (well thats a bit of an inspiring thought from me, lol hope it works though would be helpful):j

im going to also include toileteries and then see what was spent on that and what was spent on food, on a seperate note im going to be doing the budget sheet from the site and see where i can account for stuff to the penny.

it s a new way of doing this budgeting for me so might as well give it a good shot from the start and pick up tips as i go along this month,

loved all the tips so far ive read here thank you

have a fun day catch up laters MAZ:beer:
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • SilverBird_2SilverBird_2 Forumite
    310 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Spent £9 at the butchers today. Only have £3.02 of the £20 cash left now so will be using the M&S voucher on my next shopping trip, hopefully not until this time next week.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/Ratatouille
    GC 2018: £2,104.01/£2,160 total spend