Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

January 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 29

New Post Advanced Search

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 December 2010 at 11:09AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.6K replies 293.6K views

Replies

• Hi

I have just spent £2 on a dozen FR eggs, off to update my sifgnature (I must do this everytime I spend!!!)

Hope to have a NSD tomorrow.:D
    WW start date 31/8/2011 :j

weight lost so far:- 32lbs :T
  • bramble1bramble1 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    I think i am going to attempt a shop tomorrow. If i get there! We have no tax on the car and can't afford it just yet so need to try and get a lift from somewhere!! Otherwise i will have to go to waitrose which i'd rather not do!

need to stock up on flours, butter, and staples like that so i can bake some bread, cheesy biscuits, and other lovely things.
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • :j day one of grocery challenge sent oh to mr sains as Iam feeling vile and he only bought what was on the list! So only small spend out of budget, dont think i could have not had a peek at any bargains,but I shall try to follow his lead.
    Life happens when you are busy making other plans ;)

Sealed Pot Member #1149 (£340 saved 2011)
  • SpiggleSpiggle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    XSpender wrote: »
    Here is the recipe as requested:

Cheese and Parsnip Loaf
    ... Eat warm with lots of butter.:p

Thank you so much for this recipe XSpender, it's made me and OH drool big time. :drool::drool: Must get some parsnip ... :rotfl:

All the best,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • My December went out the window and i lost all track of what i spent - but i think it was well under as used all the stock stuff and freezer stuff up...... January is going to be a very tight mth so I am aiming for £250 its a long mth and this is for 2 adults, 4 kids and a dog. Includes baby milk and all cleaning bits etc....wish me luck i think ill need it...................
    Spent £52 today at mrT but not sure how long this will even last us.....
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
  • pipkin71pipkin71 Forumite
    21.8K posts
    I've had a NSD today, as we haven't been out of the house and I've refused to log on to Amazon :D

We're having bolognese tonight and have made the pasta from scratch, so just need to wait another 10 minutes before taking it out of the fridge and rolling :)

It's much dearer to make yourself than to buy the ready made stuff, but hopefully it will be really tasty :drool:

I also like the idea of a january box, starting October. It's amazing what little hints and tips you can pick up from these boards.

Hope everyone's had a good day :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • RebelleRebelle Forumite
    84 posts
    Thanks Spigs. My two springers were on Natures best expensive but good, but have pooches with delicate tums. But have had to switch to bakers complete with natures best for their supper.

Hi Pixie

I too have a pooch with a delicate tum, used to feed him on Bakers (he has a tin a day too) but then switched to Harringtons, seems like good stuff - no colours or additives and not bulked out with nasties, but still quite a good price - I get it at Asda and it's frequently on offer, currently still on a 12kilo sack bought in Oct! Dog seems calmer too since he's been on it, have since read an article about how the colours in Bakers can make some dogs hyper - so if your Springers have been even more bouncy recently, you'll know why!

If you fancy giving it a try, can get a small bag (2-3kg I think?) for about £3ish - it's supposed to be good for digestion too and have definitely noticed our boy is not causing a stink as often now, iykwim! ;)
    Pax Et Bonum
  • bramble1bramble1 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    I've had a NSD today, as we haven't been out of the house and I've refused to log on to Amazon :D

We're having bolognese tonight and have made the pasta from scratch, so just need to wait another 10 minutes before taking it out of the fridge and rolling :)

It's much dearer to make yourself than to buy the ready made stuff, but hopefully it will be really tasty :drool:

I also like the idea of a january box, starting October. It's amazing what little hints and tips you can pick up from these boards.

Hope everyone's had a good day :)

Is it really more expensive? :( I was hoping to make fresh pasta once a week instead of buying the dried stuff.
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • fizzypopsfizzypops Forumite
    248 posts
    spent £3.55 today, had to get more calpol as ds2 has started coughing and said he had a headache :(
    also bought some cheap baby wipes.

hoping to have a nsd tomorrow :D
    Total debt- 2982.00 Now- £2890.00
  • making tea did not go well today argh!

took a pack of chicken breasts out of freezer yesterday and put them in th fridge to defrost, not realising there was only 2 in the pack and i needed 3(me, hubby and 3 young kids who share 1)

nevermind i thought, ill have the portion of cottage pie instead, cooked the chicken and when i got it out the oven it didnt look very nice so i ended up binning it

so 3 kids had cottage pie with extra mash and veg and hubby and i had some sausages i defrosted in microwave and fryed while rest of our dinner was keeping warm in the oven, lol
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T