PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Good evening everyone old hands and newbies! Just popping on to say a NSD for me today and a great big HAPPY NEW YEAR! To you all! May 2011 be the best yet!

_party_
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • dobs
    dobs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello just wanted to wish you all a very happy new year! Went shopping yesterday so hoping i will be good and not go near the shops for several days now! Am trying to persuade dh to draw our shopping budget for the money out in cash as i'm sure it will make us less keen to spend than just sticking it on credit card, but i did suggest it last january and it didn't happen so we'll see!
    grocery challenge jan 17 £ / 350.00
  • well we sent off our chinese lantern and Ive gone back to my cooking! My rice pudd turned out fine even tho half of it was long grain rice(hubby said it wouldnt).
    Just made 7 cheese and onion pasties(now in oven)-mix was too much so the rest of it will become a quiche later on(today). Now enjoying some rice pud. Anyone else as mad as me? Well-let me start tthe year as I mean to go on!!!

Happy Moneysaving New Year!!!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • youngmummy
    youngmummy Posts: 489 Forumite
    happy new year everyone. !!! spent £9 yesterday at mr t's ... going to make some bread tommorrow as well as some biscuits x
    (#80 save 12k in 2015) aim £10,000
    make £10 a day in 2015 £261/£4000
    emergency fund aim £100/£1000
    £1 a day for xmas 2015 £0/£365
    NSD feb 0/16
    feb GC £0/£120
  • madras79
    madras79 Posts: 48 Forumite
    hi would like to join the grocery challenge,madras79 100 for january 2 adults and 2 kids have full larder and freezer will normaly be 200,thanks
    74.64/£100 grocery challenge:eek:
    11/15 nsd:j
    £23/365 pounds one pound a day challenge 2011:T
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spent £80 at Tesco yesterday, managed to get 7 loaves of bread for a quid so that saved me a bit, they aren't even ood for another 3 days, which is good as I couldn't fit them all in the freezer. £80 would have been less but I bought a bottle of bubbly for last night and electric toothbrushes for the kids as I'd meant to get them for their stockings but couldn't find any in time. B1G1F on those so not bad.
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just minced up some onions to make cheese and onion pasties tomorrow-along with the chicken curry we will be having. The pasties will mean the family can just snack as they wish lunchtime.

Oooh they sound lovely...how do you make them?

I have updated my signature and i need to be careful now as my month runs to the 24th Jan.

Pantry full, fridge full, and today i am delving into the dark depths of my two full freezers:eek: i know i have loads of meat and veg but i'm not sure which freezer they are in.

Today, i have just defrosted some pears from the freezer for breakfast to have with a handful of raisens and a bit of sweetner...they were lovely. I think i've had so much rubbish to eat over xmas i'm beginning to crave healthy food (never thought i'd say that).

We are having greek kababs today and i've made a cheesecake (which turned out well this time)...very proud of it.

So that is today sorted.

Tommorow we are having roast pork, roast pots & veg. The pork was down in price so i couldn't resist. There should be lots left for a curry or a pie another day.
    Anyway Happy New Year and good luck with the grocery challenge this year
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Hi. I want to come back in this month. I have stuck to my budget of £240 for the last 3 months, but with what I have in my freezer and cupboards should come in less this month. I want to stick with my budget of £240 for January and see how I get on. I must do a meal plan for this month. I am going to sit the family down and get them to give me their ideas on meals. I am a bit fed up with meal planning only for dh or dd to not want what is planned. I don't mind some flexibility, but I'm fed up with no-one telling me what they want to eat, but expecting that they will then get their preferred food presented to them IYKWIM.
    Must give myself and the rest of the family a major boot up the proverbial this year.;)
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • lou1981
    lou1981 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Hi and Happy New Year. I have joined in before but really need to get to grips again so with my Freezer inventory in hand and a meal plan to write today I pledge £200 for this month starting today and ending on the 31st.
    We are a family of 4 and this doesnt include our dog and cat food as I have done those on a seperate budget.
    Wish me luck. xx
    Jan Grocery Challenge £48.21/£200
    NSD Jan5/10
    Clothing Challenge £6/£200
  • Happy New Year everyone!

Newbie to the Grocery Challenge here - I need to use up my bulging storecupboards and so I will set a monthly budget of £60, to run to 29th Jan ie 4 weeks today.

Thanks and happy cooking in 2011!

GQ xox
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport