Car Rental -- LAX

Options
Hey guys does anyone know a good car rental rate for the LAX area....

I am flying into LAX in Feb... and driving up near the Sacremento area... its me hubby and lil man... so flying up was too expensive.. So we are staying in LAX for one night as we will be knackered from flying in and then going to drive the next morning

So all ideas (for a hotel and car would be great!)

thanks!!

Comments

• mcaulayr
    Options
    Try netflights i have used them 3 times in california no problems at all insurance is fully inclusive good luck

http://www.netflights.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_term=netflights&atlassearch=paid&gclid=CKqh0LatkKYCFdc43godQmw8ng
  • Aalien
    Options
    Yes..I myself come back from loa angles during my vacation and got the wonderful service of avonrents, [FONT=&quot]avon rents is first of its type of its automobile rental company where cars as well as trucks rentals are available under one roof in economical budget. With the motto of providing every four wheeler on rent to public, the company is fulfilling the same by renting various kinds of cars which include exotic cars, luxury cars, SUVs, vans, convertibles and vehicles like photo shoot cars, trucks and studio transportation vehicles in Los angels. so you can get every detail of your query by visiting the site avonrents.com....[/FONT]
    Thanks...
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aalien wrote: »
    Yes..I myself come back from loa angles during my vacation and got the wonderful service of avonrents, [FONT=&quot]avon rents is first of its type of its automobile rental company where cars as well as trucks rentals are available under one roof in economical budget. With the motto of providing every four wheeler on rent to public, the company is fulfilling the same by renting various kinds of cars which include exotic cars, luxury cars, SUVs, vans, convertibles and vehicles like photo shoot cars, trucks and studio transportation vehicles in Los angels. so you can get every detail of your query by visiting the site avonrents.com....[/FONT]
    Thanks...
    reported - :spam:
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Starrystarrynight
    Options
    We've used Alamo at LAX a couple of times. Won't be letting them fleece us into an upgrade next time, but, otherwise, their service was very good.
    From Starrystarrynight to Starrystarrynight1 and now I'm back...don't have a clue how!
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Options
    mcaulayr wrote: »
    Try netflights i have used them 3 times in california no problems at all insurance is fully inclusive good luck

http://www.netflights.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_term=netflights&atlassearch=paid&gclid=CKqh0LatkKYCFdc43godQmw8ng
    Ditto. I've used netflights about 50 times.
    Get the smallest car (2 door compact?). If there's only 2 of you there will be plenty of room.
    I've booked this class probably 40 times and only ended up with a small car (yaris) once, in hawaii. Normally get upgraded to a 4 door medium sized car (last time was a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix).

As for hotels, I usually stop in the El Segundo area. It's about 5 miles south of the airport and has loads of hotels / restaurants.
    Residence Inn is excellent.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    for one night, I would consider trying the name your own price option at Priceline. We got a great deal on a hotel not far from LAX this way - for our purposes, we did some research and determined that we would be happy with any of the 3* plus hotels that had previously been won in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Ray area. We ended up in the Courtyard Marina Del Ray - loads of free parking, shopping centre right there so good for a quick shop for the room/road. I've seen others get it for $70 or less, we were happy with $85.

Extremely easy drive from LAX - about 4 miles, very straight forward - think 3.75 miles of it was on the same road...and very easy exit as the hotel sits near a couple of junctions that take you several different ways.

As for rental cars, I think we're weird as we always seem to get a better rate with carhire3000 than netflights. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure