Problems with Dave

Options
On both our tvs, one with a digibox and the other with built in freeview, we have had problems with receiving Dave and Dave Ja Vu. We have tried recanning the channels but it doesn't seem to help. On one tv we get a picture with lines going across like it's not connecting properly and on the other tv we get no picture with intermittent sound.

I have tried looking to see if there is a problem with the channel overall but can't find anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could do to try and get the channel back? This has been going on for a good 2-3 months now and it's getting irritating.

Thanks.
Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010

Comments

• oldandhappy
    Options
    It seems to me the tuning of the Antenna is quite critical. We have lost freeview on one TV that has built in freeview and has a new antenna to suit it but as we also have sky we have not spent much time trying to improve this one. Another TV older style that we have just connected up to a freeview top box and has an indoor loft antenna works 100%.The bedroom has a freeview top box and an outside antenna for freeview and works well but does not receive all channels but most...not sure exactly because we use a magic eye from the sky moreoften than not. We actually do not watch much tv:D but hope that helps:). Dianne
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    lynseydee wrote: »
    On both our tvs, one with a digibox and the other with built in freeview, we have had problems with receiving Dave and Dave Ja Vu. We have tried recanning the channels but it doesn't seem to help. On one tv we get a picture with lines going across like it's not connecting properly and on the other tv we get no picture with intermittent sound.

I have tried looking to see if there is a problem with the channel overall but can't find anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could do to try and get the channel back? This has been going on for a good 2-3 months now and it's getting irritating.

Thanks.

Can you get Sky News and Sky 3 on both TV's ?
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Inactive, we don't have sky, just built in freeview and a freeview box.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Options

sky news and sky 3 are both on freeview, inactive is probably asking if you can view them as they are probably on the same frequency as dave i am guessing, so if you can get sky news and sky 3, you should be able to get dave in a round a bout way
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Fruit_and_Nut_Case Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 29 December 2010 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    Can you get Sky News and Sky 3 on both TV's ?
    Both Sky News and Sky 3 are available via Freeview. If you get those you should get the two Daves as they are on the same MUX (i.e. multiplex).

(what spaceman5 said)
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • lynseydee
    Options
    spaceman5 wrote: »
    sky news and sky 3 are both on freeview, inactive is probably asking if you can view them as they are probably on the same frequency as dave i am guessing, so if you can get sky news and sky 3, you should be able to get dave in a round a bout way
    Both Sky News and Sky 3 are available via Freeview. If you get those you should get the two Daves as they are on the same MUX (i.e. multiplex).

(what spaceman5 said)

Thanks for explaining that to me both of you. I have just had a look and I can't get either of the two channels mentioned.

Does this help in what may be wrong and what we can do to fix it?
    Did owe £9,951.96

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that to me both of you. I have just had a look and I can't get either of the two channels mentioned.

Does this help in what may be wrong and what we can do to fix it?

OK, you are missing the whole MUX, so your aerial probably requires attention.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2010 at 9:13AM
    Options
    In some regions that have "switched over" the commercial MUXes are on temporary channels at reduced power. Check on http://www.ukfree.tv/transmittersmenu.php

eg in South Wales Arq A which includes Dave etc is transmitting currently at much reduced power so I can't get it on one of my aerials set up in the loft
  • lynseydee
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    In some regions that have "switched over" the commercial MUXes are on temporary channels at reduced power. Check on http://www.ukfree.tv/transmittersmenu.php

eg in South Wales Arq A which includes Dave etc is transmitting currently at much reduced power so I can't get it on one of my aerials set up in the loft

Hi Brewerdave, I have had a look and think I have found that we are covered by the Hannington transmitter. From what I can see this is on reduced power at the moment so that may explain the reason why I'm having trouble. It is also one of the transmitters that has fault or engineering work.

I guess we're just going to have to wait until this has been sorted out.

Thanks everyone.
    Did owe £9,951.96

• oldandhappy
    Options
    I did mention previously.;).......... it is likley your ariel needs tuning correctly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure