Pie

Options
2»

Comments

• Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We have 2 kids under 2 years and so when we have a pie in our house it's split between the 2 of us with a small sliver for the little ones

Before the kids the pies we split in half.

hee hee.

Admittedly i don't do breakfast and we both have very little for lunch.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    1 pie, serves 4 - just use smaller plates ;)
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dare I say it??? But why not make your owm????

Cheaper and better for you, and you make it to your own size requirements then. No transfatty thingies either if you make your own pastry and filling and I stuff mine with veggies chopped small so the kids get extra without realising it - LOL
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for all your replies. I would make mine own elisebutt BUT I am pants at pastry!

I did serve baked potatoe each, brocollii, carrots and oonion gravy.......yum! I just thought it seemed a large portion! a plate pie cut into 3! when I have served it for 4 for years! (how many?) have plate pies gone supersize?
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's only a serving suggestion though. The pies probably are the samne sixe - they just want you to buy more of them :rotfl:
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    pandas66 wrote:
    thanks for all your replies. I would make mine own elisebutt BUT I am pants at pastry!

WHy not make savoury crumbles instead? No fiddly rolling out!! Just flour and fat - and you can add things like oats, herbs, cheese to taste (there's a thread about crumbles over on OS right now!) ;)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I make my own pies and always cut into 4 even though there are only 3 of us. Left over piece is usually my lunch next day while OH working.

My fav. shop bought pies are Linda Mc Cartney deep filled pies mmmmmmmh one is never enough :)

Panda if you are pants at pastry either by a packet that u just add water to or ready to roll pastry. Both excellent and quick and easy.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    I dooooo like the sound of savoury crumbles, might have a look at the weekend for some recipes and do a batch cook..........mmmmm
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Savoury crumbles are nice - but what about cobblers? Rounds of scone dough ontop of your filling, maybe topped with cheese - yummy!
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • nomoneytoday
    Options
    Poppy9 wrote:
    My fav. shop bought pies are Linda Mc Cartney deep filled pies mmmmmmmh one is never enough :)

But there is no meat ;)
    Everyone knows pies should be either beef and ale, steak and kidney or chicken and mushroom lol :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure