RTW options / OZ flights 2011 - beat VAT hike

Options
I'm looking to go to OZ next year and I want lots of flexibility on my tickets to stop for several weeks in asia both going out and coming back. Maybe even open jaw. I want to get my tickets bought now before the VAT hike.

I've looked at my options for putting together various tickets to make the whole journey, but this works out very expensive. I'm thinking maybe RTW tickets may work out cheaper?

Anyone got any tips for this sort of search? Particularly cheap routes or carrriers I can look into, or best value on RTW tickets?

Thanks

Comments

• jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    I'm looking to go to OZ next year and I want lots of flexibility on my tickets to stop for several weeks in asia both going out and coming back. Maybe even open jaw. I want to get my tickets bought now before the VAT hike.

You don't pay VAT on airline tickets.
  • squeekyminos
    Options
    Brillian, thats a great start!! Thanks:)
  • jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    In retrospect my answer was a bit curt, however, since you probably need more info.

There are a handful of airlines (like Qantas and Air New Zealand) who fly between London and Australasia "both ways" (i.e. via Asia or America). So they are both good places to start for single airline round the world tickets. Qantas is part of the One World alliance (with BA and others) and Air NZ is part of the Star Alliance, so they both offer round-the-world tickets and itineraries that interline with all their partner airlines.

Another good place to head would be STA Travel. They've been catapulting students around the world for decades, and have lots of experience and offers to consider (non-students welcome as well).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure