kitten gone missing

Options
Hi all

We have two 4 month old kittens called Alfie and Lola. Unfortunately alfie went out around 2 o'clock this morning and has not returned.
We are desperately worried about him and his sister is missing him really badly.

My hubby has been around our estate to knock on neighbours doors incase he has been locked in anyones shed etc. Also he has checked the roadsides etc where we live but no joy.

I had to have my 15 year old boy pts back in july and cannot bear the thought of losing another one.

I think i shall visit the pet shop tommorow and put a poster in their window and put some up around town. Its a really horrible feeling not knowing where he is.

Thanks for listening x

Comments

• twinkle1981_2
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed that you find him xxx
    'If honour were profitable, every man would be honourable' Thomas More

'I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him.'
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    Options
    have you done the 'shake the box of cat biscuits' thing? Also perhaps ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages. My cat got shut in a neighbours garage, twice!
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• becky4131
    Options
    Is he microchipped? or at least wearing a collar with tag on?

At 4 months old he really shouldn't be going outside yet, usually advise people to keep them in until 6 months old and neutered. An unneutered male is more likely to wander further looking for female.

Ring all your local vets because if he has been injured (or sorry to say killed) it is most likely he will have been taken to the vets. If he isn't microchipped then they won't know it is your cat.
  • vodkachick68
    Options
    No he isn't microchipped or wearing a collar which in hindsight i really wish i had done both. I shall ring the vets tommorow to see if he has been taken there. Its the not knowing that is the hardest. Thanks for all your replies. I shall keep you updated with any developments x
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know that it will not help, but there is probably someone in your area who has "Found" a kitten.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • alessev1
    alessev1 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry and hope he come back!
    My one was lost for 14 months and came back (would you believe).Did not have ant chip or collar as well.Now he does, but he is a grow up cat and nutured and is no way to loose the house again.
    I really hope your one come home!
    May 2013:
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is he actually allowed out already, or has he just snuck out? Mine sneaked out one morning when my son put some rubbish out...she was only 4 months old and I didn't even know she'd got out. I was busy trying to sort 2 kids out and as far as I was concerned she was up lying by the radiator in my bedroom. It was only about an hour later I realised she wasn't there, went outside and did the biscuit shaking, asked neighbours. About an hour later I got a call from the vet - somebody had found her and taken her there and she was chipped so they contacted me. But where she'd been found was some distance from the house - he said she was probably just being very curious as it was her first time out. If yours doesn't usually go out he may be doing the same so I'd definitely put up posters as somebody may have just taken him in without thinking of the consequences for his real family
  • vodkachick68
    Options
    Well little Alfie strolled back in the house this morning at 4.30 after 26 hrs! He was a bit bedraggled and very hungry but absolutely fine. What a relief to have him back,i was honestly beginning to fear the worst. I shall be buying them collars today as i have learnt my lesson lol. Thanks to all of you for your kind words x
  • dawnfuller
    Options
    Thats good news...
    I would definately get them both chipped + collars with contact numbers on ... peace of mind incase he goes walkabout again.

xx
    :p
  • scaredy_cat
    Options
    make sure the collars are the ones which will break if snagged, incase your cats are tree climbers.
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family