Cut and blow dry for the price of a £3.20 magazine

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
What's it all about?

Zest is offering a free salon haircut for every reader in its December edition (£3.20). As cut and blow dry's normally cost £30-40 this is a fab deal. The offer is run by a company called The Hair Group on behalf of Zest (and other magazines) who administer the offer and use local independent salons.

What do I need to do?

Go to page 93 of the mag, fill in the coupon with your details and send to The hair Group/Zest, Unit F Penfold Estate, Imperial Way, Watford, Herts WD24 4YY. You can find out if there is a salon near you by visting www.hairgroup.co.uk Zest won't tell you exactly which salon it is as it's top secret info, but you'll be told if there's one in your postcode.

Once the hairgroup have received your coupon it will forward this on to your nearest salon who will then contact you within 30 days to book and appointment for you.

Any snags?

The offer includes a free cut and blow dry, anything in addition will be charged at the salons normal rates.

No more than one Hair Group voucher can be used in any 12 month period.
Only those over 18 years old can use the voucher.

The salon has the right to choose the level of technician and the day of the week. Once allocated a salon, the voucher is valid for 3 months.

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Hizz
    Hizz Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to buy the mag to take up this offer, make sure that you check the website before buying as I have looked in a couple of areas and there aren't many salons around where we live - nearest 20 miles+
    One hundred years from now it won't matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little better because, I was important in the life of a child.
  • Spud_2
    Spud_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know when the Dec issue is due out? My local newsagents still has Nov on the shelf.
    Quidco ~ £3,718 | Greasypalm ~ £354 | Freefivers ~ £45 | Pigsback ~ £260 shopping vouchers + 15 CDs
    Total cashback / freebies / money-saving: 2006 ~ £3,961 | 2007 ~ 3,610 | 2008 ~ £4,159 | 2009 ~ £1,449

MFD ~ [strike]Sep 2023[/strike] Oct 2010
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    i can't see anywhere in oxfordshire. shame . I had a free haircut in oxford the last time this offer was about (best one in years) i am sure it was through the hair group.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've clicked on the link and there is a drop down menu showing the different counties. When you click on your own county, it comes up saying 'thankyou for entering our competition'. I am wondering how they can get in touch with you from just that one click? No one asked me for contact details or a postal code. Have I missed something?
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • Debbie_Hobdell
    Options
    This is just a bog-standard message, they can't get in touch with you. Once you've selected your county a list appears on the right hand side (underneath their logo), which tells you the general area & the postcode.
  • loadsacash
    Options
    I have been looking at the Matalan rewards sight and I have spotted a voucher for a free haircut for 500 reward points.

It maybe worth checking this if you are a Matalan customer
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • bellabong
    Options
    I think this is a fabulous offer and I have previously applied for two of the haircut offers and never heard a thing............has anyone else had the same problem? Should I send the application by recorded delivery? I'm dissappointed!
  • arsenalfan2006
    Options
    This offer does not work. They had the same offer last year. I sent the voucher off and I heard back 2 months later that they did not have any participating stores even though the web site had listed my town with a shop. This is not worth the money as they are ripping people off. Also why the secrecy of which store it is to be???
  • missimaxo
    missimaxo Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those who don't recieve their offer - here are the contact details for the company: (The Hair group and The Beauty Group)

The Hair, Beauty & Click Groups
    Units E & F
    Penfold Industrial Estate
    Imperial Way
    Watford
    Herts
    WD24 4YY

T 0844 88 44 000
    F 0870 794 2070
    E hairbeautyclick@googlemail.com
    web: http://www.more-leads.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=506

I have just phoned them, as I hadn't recieved my beauty freebie. They had my details on file, but "didn't have a salon close enough for the computer to send it out". I live 15 miles from Manchester but that is not near enough for an automatic one. I said I would be happy to go to manchester (where I work) and they are now sending my details to the salon.... we shall see - may take up to 3 weeks though.

Tina xx
  • peskykids
    Options
    Hi,

I have used this type of offer previously. They crop up from time to time in various women's magazines. I did receive a haircut from my local salon. It only took a few weeks to come through and I have not had any further contact or hassle from the salon concerned. I even had a senior stylist doing my hair and received complimentary tea and biscuits even though it was a freebie!

Well worth the cost of purchasing the magazine in my opionion.

Enjoy. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport