Scottish Power - Social Welfare Tariff (Scam?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PNPSUKNET wrote: »
    but if not on dd it is lower, does your bank tell you which card will cost you less...

No but what I do expect is the full facts as to why I am on a cheaper tariff already than their social welfare tariff which their customer service did not bother to explain. In other words their level of customer service information is crap to their customers !
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi JWhite

I would like to apologise for the confusion caused by the information provided to you by our Customer Service department. Please allow me to clarify the situation for you. We do offer a Social tariff for customers that qualify for our Carefree plan. Please see link below for more information on the criteria:

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/carefree.aspx

If you qualify for this tariff then we will be able to offer you competitive rates regardless of how you pay. You may be on a tariff that offered discounted or capped rates and therefore you are still benefiting from being on this tariff. Our prices were reviewed on 25th Nov and this may be the reason why you are being advised to stay on your current tariff.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Leodogger
    Leodogger Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi JWhite

I would like to apologise for the confusion caused by the information provided to you by our Customer Service department. Please allow me to clarify the situation for you. We do offer a Social tariff for customers that qualify for our Carefree plan. Please see link below for more information on the criteria:

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/carefree.aspx

If you qualify for this tariff then we will be able to offer you competitive rates regardless of how you pay. You may be on a tariff that offered discounted or capped rates and therefore you are still benefiting from being on this tariff. Our prices were reviewed on 25th Nov and this may be the reason why you are being advised to stay on your current tariff.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower

Hi there Colin

As far as I am aware I am not on a "capped" or "discounted" rate but just one of your internet rates which I changed to on the Uswitch" web site I believe.

I am annoyed that I read that the Social Welfare tariff for the over 60's is the cheapest tariff someone over 60 can be on but in actual fact it appears that the tariff I am on is even lower than the Social Welfare Tariff yet anyone can obtain this tariff and only over 60's can apply to go on the Social Welfare tariff which is sold as a special tariff presumably because many are retired and cannot afford the higher fuel costs.

I wonder how many over 60's who are on this tariff would still be impressed with your Carefree Register tariff if they were to discover that the tariff I am on which anyone can get on is cheaper than theirs.

In my book this is a form of deception or at the very least misrepresentation as someone over 60 who does not go on the internet would be unaware that there is an even cheaper tariff than the one they are on. There is no mention of this fact on your web site in the section referring to the Carefree Register.

How can you justify this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport