We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Data charges on Vodafone
Hi, i was led to believe that if you go over your 500mb you will get a text to say whatever as a warning and then if you do it again they charge you.
My OH has been charged this but never received a text or anything. Her contract was signed pre all the hassle about data charges
Can a voda rep clarify this
thanks
My OH has been charged this but never received a text or anything. Her contract was signed pre all the hassle about data charges
Can a voda rep clarify this
thanks
0
Comments
-
Hi there fatboy88,
Thanks for your post regarding pre-charging texts and for letting us know that your other half never received any notifications regarding being charged.
The notification should be delivered at the point of reaching approximately 75% of the inclusive allowance, then a further notification should be received by the customer once the allowance has been used up.
If your other half hasn't received either of these notifications, then we'll need to take a look at her account. So we can access her account, could you ask her to contact us via email using this link and include the code WRT135 in the subject field along with a link back to this thread?
Once we have the email, we'll be able to begin investigations into why the notification hasn't been received and get this rectified.
Kind regards,
LeeH
Web Relations
Vodafone UK“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
In my experience the text warning dont work at all. You can receive them repeatedly warning you you've almost used your allowance (1 gig in my case) , when you've used less than 100mb, and then never have another one.
I gave up raising it with them in the end. Install 3g Watchdog or something similar so your phone can monitor data use.0 -
Unfortunately it sounds just like their other compulsary information standards.
I have so far had: text messages telling me terms and conditions have changed, only for the Vodafone live link not work on my Nokia E-Series - none of them ever have;
In direct relation to that I asked 5 times in one month for a copy of the terms and conditions applicable to me, each time receiving a "thanks, your T&C's are enclosed", but no T&C's (still waiting 12 months later);
An introduction to ebilling where you only got an e-mail that your bill was ready AFTER the DD was taken (clearly in breach of the DD Guarantee);
A My191 service which constant fails connection settings even though I am using the default ones sent OTA by Vodafone themselves;
On the plus side when on the phone the other week I asked when my (2 year) contract commitment was due to expire, the lovely girl said "Your 18 month Contract Mr Psycho is due to expire in May 2011".
Bonus!Signaller, author, father, carer.0 -
Whenever I get close to my limit I always receive a text message warning me and if I do go over my limit then I will be charged £5 for another 500mb. Personally these 3g watchdog apps or anything similar are very hit and miss and just take up more of your memory when all you really need to do is contact vodafone to make sure you have activated the alert not cancelled it by accident.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards