5 mins spare to help test new CallCheckers?

Options
2»

Comments

• itsmeagain
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    I don't think that's an error because it works on a single letter entry principle unless you enter the second letter very quickly.

So, it will have tried to jump to the S range but your not-quite-quick-enough entry of the second letter (P) made it jump to the P range.
    Ur rite. Many drop down windows allow you to type slowly and it will not over-rite the 1st letter with the 2nd, but you have to use the backspace to retype over the 1st. This software accepts 1st & 2nd letters in quick succession or 1st letter over-type if your not quick enough. As an oldon Ive not typed that quick to find out b4!
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd forgotten how the old checker looked like because I make most of my international calls free through orange broadband and everyday50; so not able to make any comparison as such. This new one is ok but I don't see a point in asking for the other when you don't offer a rate. This is the littel box that props up:

30a44et.jpg

I always have reservations about warning! signs - it reflects some sort of underconfidence. A better idea might be to go on and give a guidance rate with a * sign and then to give explanatory notes for the * at the bottom as we normally do instead of just stopping the search with a warning prop up. Might also help giving some links to other poviders for instance orange.
  • smiker
    smiker Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tested with lookup to Spain. However the timezone looks like it is out.

Current time (UK GMT) was 06:54, actual time in Spain (CET = GMT +1) is 07:54.

However, call checker says it is 08:54 i.e. GMT+2

Mike
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family