Comments

• sausagesandwich19
    Options
    Sainsburys have the cadbury one
  • Sayaka
    Sayaka Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, definitely Sainsbury's have them - I normally get one from Asda but they don't have them this year - I tried. Neither do Tesco or Morrison's. Sainsbury's is the one - we get one every year and further coat it in chocolate butter icing and put a plastic robin on the top - it's a family tradition!
  • sausagesandwich19
    Options
    The marks and spencers one is divine it was a chocolate fudge log not sure of price maybe 6 pounds
  • pookiewn
    Options
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    Would you be able to buy one and pass it off as home made? I was going to make one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/buchedenoel_73213

This one is very good and so easy to make. I made it last christmas and it went rather fast!

:rudolf: Merry christmas!
    "Live each day as if it were your last and garden as though you will live forever"
    Anonymous
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    Would you be able to buy one and pass it off as home made? I was going to make one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/buchedenoel_73213

I don't think any shop bought one would be as delicious as that Barneysmom, it looks divine!

I usually semi cheat - I buy a chocolate swiss roll and liberally spread chocolate buttercream all over it, draw a fork lightly through to resemble bark and dust over with icing sugar for snow.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yep was jst doing my Tesco order for Wednesday and sorry to see the logs arn't there now - were a few weeks ago but they'd not have kept that long.
    The only one on Tesco site now is a small log for £5!
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • dark_lady
    Options
    Sainsburys also do their own chocolate fudge yule log for £3. I got mine today. I have it every year. It comes in a purple box and its yummy!
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I saw them in B&M Stores a few days ago, can't remember the price though.
  • scampdog
    scampdog Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought a Cadburys Yule log every year since I can remember !, last year I managed to get one after searching for ages , but this year I have not found any !, so I e-amiled Cadburys....their response was we can not answer your query at this department (it was customer service), so we are passing on your enquiry !...that was weeks ago and I still have not had an answer.....I have bought an Asda and Tesco one instead !!
  • ixia
    ixia Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Options
    Lidl had them for 99p don't know what it tastes like though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure