We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodaphone upgrade

mambo69
mambo69 Posts: 451 Forumite
As my phone is now due to be upgrade had a look on their website, states upgrade to get as good as or better deal than new customers


HOGWASH


Blackberry Torch new customer £30 per month all in free phone

Upgrade cost £35 per month

upgrade via car phone warehouse £30 per month

so how is it worth upgrading via the website?

Comments

  • ramenkid
    ramenkid Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2010 at 5:01PM
    Mambo69, you'll get a good deal if you request a PAC code, then they will call u back to offer you a deal that's not in shop/ online. I've done it everytime when my contract run out my contract runs out & it worked everytime.

    I upgraded mine last month with Vodafone. I found out what phone & tariff & price other companies are offering and wrote it all down. Then I rang the customer service to tell them T-mobile had the phone I wanted & they were a lot cheaper than them (V-fone), then they gave me a discounted deal already but it wasn't cheap enough & I had to pay £25 for the phone. I was really ready to move to T-mobile if they couldn't match. The guy on phone said he couldn't reduced anything more so I called back few days later to request PAC code. Next day, the cancellation dept called and asked me why I wanted to leave. So I told them I was after a cheaper deal with a certain phone. They matched the tariff (mins/ texts/ internet usuage) straight away just to keep my custom, V-fone didn't have the same phone as the one I saw on T-mobile but they offered me a newer better one. You've got to be firm though and have all the figures (research on other providers websites!) ready for comparison, negotiation. At the end, I got a free HTC phone with £12.50 off £30 on the monthly tariff.

    Good Luck!
  • dil1976
    dil1976 Posts: 486
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Also if you actully phone them up they will be able to give you better deals on your upgrade, dont just think the ones on the website are all they are offering you.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.