Can i get my money bck from coach company who never supplied me the coach?

Options

Comments

• Miss_Custard
    Miss_Custard Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 February 2012 at 11:49PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I booked a coach with First National Coaches for NYE just gone...In short the coach didn't turn up leaving 49 of us stood there at which point I ordered enough coaches to take everyone and paid for them out of my own pocket thinking I would get a refund!

I have spent the last two months ringing them on a daily basis after [Removed by ForumTeam] saidthey hadn't received my money in the first place - I sent proof of payment to them and there was still no sign of the money. I have now reported him to Watchdog, Trading Standards, the Police and Action Fraud and the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau...if none of those work my only option will be to track him down personally and pay him a visit!

I can't believe that he was allowed to get away with this trading under Southern Coaches and is now doing the exact same thing under First National Coaches - Trading Standards even said to me that there was no point in taking him to court as he has several CCJ's already and won't even bother to turn up!

I called his office today and was informed he was on vacation outside of the UK...this makes me so angry that he is enjoying a nice relaxing break on us!!!

Anyway I'll let you know of any progress that is made. :mad:
  • recentlyconned
    Options
    Hi, I've been recently conned by this guy and I would like to compare notes to those who he has also conned and not managed to recover their money.

Perhaps we can put our heads together in catching this guy and hoping to get our money back!

Please message me if you'd like to get in contact.
  • sandyrosie75
    Options
    Watchdog may be a good route to go down
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Watchdog may be a good route to go down

You are aware this is only a consumer program (ie very cheap tv) and has no legal powers.
    If you ever watch the program. It is littered with the same companies over and over again....

Tell you anything :rotfl:

This is where trading standards need to be given some real teeth to be able to take these people to court and get them locked up.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • LillyLou_2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been brought to this page when searching for complaints about First National Coaches or as now known FNC Coach Hire.
    My friend had organised a hen party with this company, long story short they called less than 24 hours before the trip (which cost £800) to cancel as 'one of their drivers had been in an accident and was in hospital'. They told her they would put the money into her bank but it would be the next day, after many phone calls to say she hadn't received the refund, my friend is still £800 short and they wont even answer her calls or give her an explanation, all they say is the money was sent.
    To make matters worse, only a couple of days before they cancelled on her, she booked again and sent £441 for a separate trip which understandably she now wants to cancel as they let her down the first time. They are advising her that she will be subject to cancellation fees, although the only reason she is cancelling is because they let her down.

My friend is £1241 down and cannot get any sort of response from them let alone her money back.

When i searched for this company i noticed some people saying they were previously trading as Southern Coaches. Does anyone know if this is correct? More importantly can anyone offer advice on how to help my friend get her money back??
    Many thanks in advance
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LillyLou wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been brought to this page when searching for complaints about First National Coaches or as now known FNC Coach Hire.
    My friend had organised a hen party with this company, long story short they called less than 24 hours before the trip (which cost £800) to cancel as 'one of their drivers had been in an accident and was in hospital'. They told her they would put the money into her bank but it would be the next day, after many phone calls to say she hadn't received the refund, my friend is still £800 short and they wont even answer her calls or give her an explanation, all they say is the money was sent.
    To make matters worse, only a couple of days before they cancelled on her, she booked again and sent £441 for a separate trip which understandably she now wants to cancel as they let her down the first time. They are advising her that she will be subject to cancellation fees, although the only reason she is cancelling is because they let her down.

My friend is £1241 down and cannot get any sort of response from them let alone her money back.

When i searched for this company i noticed some people saying they were previously trading as Southern Coaches. Does anyone know if this is correct? More importantly can anyone offer advice on how to help my friend get her money back??
    Many thanks in advance

How long ago did they say they'd refunded? It can take a few days to show up in an account. I think legally they have upto 30 days to refund it. After this I'd send a letter before action and threaten legal action.

There is a possibility you may be able to make a further claim to the company for 'loss of enjoyment'. Really you're going to need to consult a solicitor for advice on that though.

Unfortunately you probably don't have the right to cancel the second booking. It's a seperate contract not linked to the first.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    LillyLou wrote: »
    My friend had organised a hen party with this company, long story short they called less than 24 hours before the trip (which cost £800) to cancel

How did she pay?
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • amazingmasie
    Options
    Hi does anyone know Richard Powells address. We covered a minibus trip for him and he hasn't paid up. No answer from any of his phone lines or emails

Thanks
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    this firm/guy has just been on a TV show "how to get paid"

he didnt defend the court action but there was no word on if he actually paid up
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How do people like this avoid a good kicking?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure