We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lost paper part of driving licence

Options
Anyone rented a car in Palma recently? We have booked one for tomorrow and can't find the paper part of my husbands llicence...are they likely to rent it without the paper part?? Thanks in advance..Oh, it's Hertz if that matters...
Debt-free...and staying that way...

Comments

• they should be able to phone the DVLA and confirm you have a licence and how many points are on it.
    DVLA number is 08455 19 14 69

edinburghmotoringschool.co.uk
  • schoolrunmum
    Options
    But he doesn't arrive in Palma till 6pm, DVLA will be shut surely?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    As tomorrow is Sunday, the DVLA will be closed anyway.
    Is there any way that if Hertz refuse just the photocard section that you could delay getting the car until Monday?

Saying that, I'm not even too sure if they (the DVLA) would be willing to give out the details over the phone as a lot of government departments are paranoid about releasing information to the wrong people. (unless it's on a laptop that someone loses)
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you have a driving licence? this happened to us - twice - once he forgot it altogether and the secnd time he forgot the paper part. Even though we'd hired from the particular company before they wouldn't accept it as obviously he could have had points added to his licence in the meantime. so we had to use my licence and have me as the main driver. we then rang the DVLA on the Monday and asked them to fac a copy of his driving licence to the hire company which, in those days, cost £5 which we paid by credit card over the phone. We then had to travel to the nearest office of the hire car company and sign the paperwork again with his details. a bit of a headache but not too bad - providing you yourself drive.
  • schoolrunmum
    schoolrunmum Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 December 2010 at 10:18PM
    Options
    I do..but i'm not going...

Edit to say he arrived in PMI this evening and Hertz didn't ask for paper part so all ok..thanks all..xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family