🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Honeymoon Period is OVER!!

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hey guys, i can't believe its been so long since i updated this! i've done an update based on the difference between may & june, even though i haven't actually updated on here since march. things have been good, managed to stick to the plan and pay off the catalogue...yeah! the overdraft is another matter! its so hard to get down, but next week when we get paid i'm calling the bank straight away and getting it reduced, because really, we are just spending the money on rubbish, so its not even justified!

we seem to still be on course to achieving the aim, lets see if i come back next month with my head held high and the overdraft reduced by over £400?! :)
  • System
    Options
    Hey all, we had a not too bad month. I done what i said i would - I called the bank last pay day and got the overdraft reduced, and managed to pay £460 to it....yeah! :)

So this month the plan is to get it down, probably by £400...lets see if I can make the target 2 months in a row! waw!!! :)
  • System
    Options
    had a great month! yeah! paid off the overdraft at last! the finance agreements & the car WILL get paid off next month! Then it's only the payment back to our "savings" account then we have met our target!! waw!! I'm on a high! :)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    WOO HOOO....!!! well done you.:T

Let's have a nice virtual drink to that..or six!!:beer:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • System
    Options
    Well I know I only posted that update yesterday, but I've got another update already!!

We paid off the car today!!yeah!! We have decided just to make the extra payments as soon as we get paid, otherwise we end up wasting the money away!

We don't normally have a lot of extra money each month but hubby got a few extra jobs on recently so that's all the money from them went straight to debt! We have turned into such sensible people!!ha
  • System
    Options
    Ok this will be the last update for August...definitely!ha

We paid off the finance agreement today. YEAH! That's definitely the last overpayment until October now. We will make our scheduled payment to the loan in September, then make a payment to our savings - we will do that in October and November then that's the savings paid back!

So the next update I do will put our payments to debt for 2011 to over £10,000!!! Its crazy what you can do when you put your mind to it! Already thinking about our aim for next year!

We got a statement in recently for the loan, and it turns out I had been calculating the interest wrong on my spreadsheet...so the outstanding amount on our loan is actually ALOT LESS than I had it worked out at! So I've fixed my signature as well as my spreadsheet. So we are nearer being less than £10g in debt than I thought...both hubby and I are over the moon! Feels like we are getting somewhere! It has been a hard year, and seeing the results coming together like this suddenly makes it all worth while! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport