Collect+ (Collect Plus) Promotional codes?

Options
13»

Comments

• Kay
    Kay Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Collect Plus are absolutely appalling. Just got off the phone from being insulted - their 'customer service' bloke telling me I don't listen to what he's telling me has happened to my parcel, except he's not telling me anything at all. Their office at Droitwich is uncontactable and staffed by one woman as it's closing down soon and they can't tell me why the shop wouldn't accept the parcel, saying it had no bar code but couldn't explain how they could then track it and tell me where it was!

Also just realised they've charged me £4.99 instead of £3.49 as it's gone to the shop and will be fighting for a refund, redelivery and never, ever using them again.

Absolutely useless. :mad:
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi

Collect+ has asked us to post a reply. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on our forum.

We're sorry to read this. If you have any questions or want to get in touch, please contact Paul "paulg AT collectplus DOT co DOT uk". Thank you
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Gadd
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can receive this discount by entering promotion code 'store4000' when you book.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offer limited to one order per customer. Offer ends 20th Oct 2011.[/FONT]

However 1 order per customer does not mean just 1 parcel can be sent. I used this to send 5 items, the 20% is taken off at checkout off the total price.

This means a small parcel can be sent for just £3.19 (up to 2kg)

A medium size box can be sent for £3.99 (up to 5kg)

and a large box can be sent for £5.59 (up to 10kg)

And this all includes VAT and tracking

Ideal for eBayers or Amazon Customers
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I think a good dose of common sense is needed when reading nightmare scenarios. After 18 months of good service from My Hermes, I have just had a nightmare scenario with them. I am pleased in general with both collect+ and myhermes and I think all the competition around is great.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,224 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think a good dose of common sense is needed when reading nightmare scenarios. After 18 months of good service from My Hermes, I have just had a nightmare scenario with them. I am pleased in general with both collect+ and myhermes and I think all the competition around is great.

I have sent two parcels with Collect plus and have had two real problems with them. There are other threads running about their poor service and frankly they are a company I would not recommend to anyone.

The service was so bad that in the two weeks before Christmas I refused to use them and upgraded my sales to Royal Mail special delivery at no extra cost to my buyers.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mancunian
    Options
    My ex girlfriend worked for a big company and they needed a good courier, high quality service.

She tried EVERY company and found problems with all of them, it just seems the nature of the beast ie. low paid, overworked, timed drivers with no incentive to give good service :(

I have used CollectPlus many many times and been generally impressed. I did have one query but my comments were taken onboard and resolved.

Soolin - did your raise your problems with the contact that MSE Andrea put above?
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,224 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mancunian wrote: »
    My ex girlfriend worked for a big company and they needed a good courier, high quality service.

She tried EVERY company and found problems with all of them, it just seems the nature of the beast ie. low paid, overworked, timed drivers with no incentive to give good service :(

I have used CollectPlus many many times and been generally impressed. I did have one query but my comments were taken onboard and resolved.

Soolin - did your raise your problems with the contact that MSE Andrea put above?

Actually the logistics manager contacted me on my own thread I posted, I suspect that was the only reason my buyers actually ever got their goods as I was in almost hourly contact with HQ. The last one was hand delivered in the end by a manager, although even then the buyer only got it two days after I was given confirmation that it had definitely been delivered.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mancunian
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Actually the logistics manager contacted me on my own thread I posted, I suspect that was the only reason my buyers actually ever got their goods as I was in almost hourly contact with HQ. The last one was hand delivered in the end by a manager, although even then the buyer only got it two days after I was given confirmation that it had definitely been delivered.

have u chased for explanations for the events and assurances for future deliveries?

Pretty good service when u can speak to the Logistics manager and not get fobbed off by a call centre like the rest of them.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

• Mancunian
    Options

nice bit of input ballisticbrian.
    PLAY GOOD!

• keith_har
    keith_har Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Collect+ offer 3rd class post (which is tracked). I use them all the time because I can send upto 10Kgs from anywhere in the UK to anywhere else and it costs £3.49 (store to store). It always takes about a week to deliver but I dont send urgent items so it doesnt matter. So far they havent lost or damaged a parcel.

These are only my experiences though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport