We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What's the likelihood of this getting cancelled??

Options
Got a flight booked with Easyjet for 21 December to Lanzarote, returning Boxing Day. When we booked it was £444 for 2 adults, 1 infant. In the past couple of weeks the price has steadily decreased. To start with I was quite pleased, as I was looking to book flights for September to Paris, so kept getting credit notes which more or less paid for them. However the price keeps getting lower, & i've now had £184 back from them! I asked the customer service agent today why it kept dropping & he told me it wasnt a popular route, & it was dropping to entice people in. I think he was fairly new as when I asked if it was likely to go ahead, he said "it might not go" but couldnt give me a definitive answer as to when we might find out if this were the case. All he could really say was that if it was cancelled, we'd get compensation! Does anyone have any experience of this with Easyjet? Is it likely to be cancelled? When would they normally do this? And by "compensation", what do they mean?
COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Compensation for a last minute cancellation is a set amount per passenger dependent on the flight mileage - 250 or for longer than 1500km 400 euros, plus refund of the fare.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it the inbound sector getting cheaper?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    Whats considered as last minute?

Yeah the inbound has dropped as well. It started at £46.99, its £29.99 now.
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last minute means less than 2 weeks notice (some small print surrounds this, but that's the simple answer)
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    Ah ok, thanks. I suppose that would soften the blow somewhat then. Oh we've already had 2 failed holidays this year, & lost all the spending money for this one thanks to Crown Currency Exchange. I think we're destined to never go on holiday again. Fingers crossed we get on this one!
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    Its gone down again today. This is looking worse by the day..... :(
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2010 at 8:38PM
    Options
    you need to stop looking and torturing yourself.

Christmas is a very popular time of the year to travel... and the Canaries are one of the most populats destinations because of the climate there at this time of year.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.

It might just be the last few seats they are trying to get rid of - with the recent weather and airport closures they might be struggling to get anyone to take a chance on the weather (here, not there - it's going to be lovely for you) .;)
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    I blame my bloody husband, I wasnt bothered until he started bleating on about them cancelling it. Although, the Customer Service guy didnt help put my mind at ease, by saying it wasnt selling well. Grrrrrrr.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport