PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Reeds Rains

Options
Does anyone know the email address for Reeds Rains head office?
My son was renting a flat through RR, they had lots of problems, he told RR time and again. They did nothing.
He has now moved out and has been told that his deposit of £800 will be witheld by the LL.
He, his girlfriend, her parents and I have all tried to get information out of RR and they are being evasive.
They never have answered any emails, they say they are busy when anyone phones.
Problems were pointed out to them 6 months ago when the flat was first moved into. They repeatedly said they would follow up with the LL, they never got back.
Our point of contact was reluctant to send out a copy of the report pn the condition of the flat at handover.
This has now been done and we have disputed a lot of what it says. But they will not communicate with us.
I thought emailing their head office might work?

Comments

• Catatonia
    Options
    I don't know the address, but I really think this is something that needs to be sorted out by the people involved (ie son and girlfriend) rather than their parents.
  • CloudCuckooLand
    Options
    Put it in writing to the LL, recorded delivery. Copy to the LA. Mention the deposit scheme - they cannot deduct from the deposit without involving the scheme.

Contact the deposit scheme to say you are disputing the deductions. See what their procedure is for arbitration.

An email can always be said to have not turned up.
    Act in haste, repent at leisure.

dunstonh wrote:
    Its a serious financial transaction and one of the biggest things you will ever buy. So, stop treating it like buying an ipod.
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Options
    If property is in Eng/Wales and LL "received" this deposit after 6 Apr 07 then the deposit should be scheme registered. Has it been? DPS, TDS and my deposits are the 3 schemes.

LL/LA cannot unilaterally deduct funds from a Ts deposit - potential deductions must be notified to the T *in writing*. If T disagrees with deductions s/he can then dispute via the small claims court or the relevant tenancy deposit scheme's adjudication process.

T is required to leave property in the same condition as when originally let to them , save for for wear and tear . Google mydeposits and "LLs guide to fair wear and tear" or have a look at ARLA's webpage on dealing with dilapidations. Was there a signed ( both parties) inventory completed at the start of the tenancy?

It is only right that you will want to help your son but give him the necessary info and let him and his GF do the talking/writing. Learning to deal with difficult EAs/LAs is an important life skill.:wink:
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Isn't RR part of Countrywide?
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    Isn't RR part of Countrywide?

I thought it was one of the other chains - YourMove maybe?
  • adg1
    adg1 Posts: 670 Forumite
    Options
    Reeds Rains Limited, Registered Number Company No. 02568254. VAT No. 842795983
    Registered Office: St Trinity House, 3-4 Kings Square, York, YO1 8ZH
    At the bottom of their website homepage.

They are part of LSL Property Services - they run YourMove, Chancellors etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure