We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Euro - sorry if this has been asked.

Options
Hi!

Flying to Germany next week, want to spend some money in duty free (£150)

Have checked Moneysavingexpert for best rate and decided to go with TravelEx.

Now i have a dimelma. Am i better off getting cash - or a cash passport? I wont be spending money outside of the airport (everything else has been paid for)

I tried to pay at Frankfurt airport with my bank card last year but they didnt except it so had to run to an ATM.

So . . . does Frankfurt airport accept a cash passport

And

Which would i be better off with? cash or cash passport (should say - only in germany for 2 days and wont be going back out of UK until next summer at least after this trip)

Thanks!

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's no 'Duty free', you're staying within Europe and tax/duty will be paid. Airports are an expensive place to buy anything, even more expensive if you change money to do so.
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    ty for the reply - i've checked and it works out a bit cheaper for the things i want to buy (taking into account current exchange rate)

So kinda MSE :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family