Natwest Identification

Options
Hi, i am applying for a natwest account and i hae recieved the application pack through the post.

i have looked at the identification requirements for opening my account and i do not have all the things required.

i do have my Birth Certificate but that is only accepted for people under 20, i have a Notification letter from the Jobcentre confirming my benefits which is accepted but i also need to bring a second document which i don't have.

could i take in the card from my post office card account?

are there any other things that i can take in that aren't on there recommended list?

thanks.

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    VistaNick wrote: »
    ....could i take in the card from my post office card account?
    The statement that you receive for your PO Card Account would be more likely to be acceptable, as it shows your name and address - as long as you have one dated within the last 3 months.
  • VistaNick
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    The statement that you receive for your PO Card Account would be more likely to be acceptable, as it shows your name and address - as long as you have one dated within the last 3 months.
    do you mean like the bank account statement each month? because i have had a PO account for two months and i haven't recieved one.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    VistaNick wrote: »
    do you mean like the bank account statement each month? because i have had a PO account for two months and i haven't recieved one.
    I don't know how frequently they send them (possibly quarterly or less frequently, if you haven't yet received one) but, yes, it's like a bank statement.
  • VistaNick
    Options
    do you think i can request a statement from them?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are every 3 months - the PO card statements that is
  • VistaNick
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    They are every 3 months - the PO card statements that is
    darn, can i get one early if i go in and ask for one?
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2010 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Why not contact the Nat West to explain what you have got and ask them what they'll accept? In a similar situation with my SIL, the bank accepted me (an account holder) as 1 form of ID! So if you know anyone who has an account with Nat West, can they help?
  • VistaNick
    Options
    booter wrote: »
    Why not contact the Nat West to explain what you have got and ask them what they'll accept? In a similar situation with my SIL, the bank accepted me (an account holder) as 1 form of ID! So if you know anyone who has an account with Nat West, can they help?
    yeh i just found out there is a branch really close to me, i will go in tomorrow and take all my ID options with me.
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    Is it an account you can apply for on-line?
    I was in a similar situation to you, and as I'm on the electoral roll, I was able to do it all online and by post without proofs of ID. It did take longer than they said though (3 weeks).
  • VistaNick
    Options
    Techhead wrote: »
    Is it an account you can apply for on-line?
    I was in a similar situation to you, and as I'm on the electoral roll, I was able to do it all online and by post without proofs of ID. It did take longer than they said though (3 weeks).
    yeh the first part was online, but it says i still need to send id through the post if i do it that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure