PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Light starter for Christmas Day lunch?

12345679»

Comments

• Yes looking at M&S is a good idea although I don't think their catalogue is out yet. Normally it involves a lot of smoked salmon though which I can't use- more's the pity!
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    daska wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid pastry in starters, it's a bit too filling, but given the state of my budget that might be a good thing at my table this year LOL. I have an idea what I want to do for breakfast this year. I have a christmas themed small muffin pan and I'm going to make frittatas in them.

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and bucks fizz is our Christmas Day brekkie :drool:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    This year I am thinking of just serving crudite. We have crudite a lot, so will have to be a special dip, but fresh veg n amongst the heaviness of Christmas food seems like a good idea.
  • We always have grapefruit and orange before the yummy veg soup. Recently started adding in melon too. Light and very refreshing :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We always have grapefruit and orange before the yummy veg soup. Recently started adding in melon too. Light and very refreshing :)

Oh, I love the fruit idea. I love grapefruit especially. Double check guests aren't on meds which prevent grapefruit consumption though!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wonder how you can make crudites/dips christmas themed? Mmm. Or I guess like someone else said the freshness/lightness of it as a starter is a good thing.
    Anyone got a good (healthyish) recipe for a suitable dip? Damn I now fancy garlic mayo with cucumber strips!

:)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills