Energy price jumps begin today with Scottish Power rise News Discussion

Options
1235»

Comments

• jrawle
    jrawle Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone have a customer services postal address for Scottish Power? I want to write rather than phone, but there is no address anywhere, not on the website or the bill. There is no proper e-mail address either, and I don't want to use the online form as I'm not sure I'll have a copy for my records.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jrawle wrote: »
    Does anyone have a customer services postal address for Scottish Power? I want to write rather than phone, but there is no address anywhere, not on the website or the bill. There is no proper e-mail address either, and I don't want to use the online form as I'm not sure I'll have a copy for my records.
    From their T&Cs:
    we, us, our
    ScottishPower Energy Retail Limited having its registered office at 1 Atlantic Quay, Glasgow G2 8SP;
  • jrawle
    Options
    Thanks. That's their registered office, which I've already seen. That isn't necessarily where you have to write for customer services.

Their customer services seem rather poor now, I'm glad I'm switching. The e-mail form only gives specific options for the subject, none of which are appropriate.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    jrawle wrote: »
    Thanks. That's their registered office, which I've already seen. That isn't necessarily where you have to write for customer services.

Their customer services seem rather poor now, I'm glad I'm switching. The e-mail form only gives specific options for the subject, none of which are appropriate.
    Ah, I didn't read to the end of the document!
    15.3. Notices under the Agreement (a) shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or post to you at the Premises or us at ScottishPower Energy Retail, PO Box 7111, Cathcart Business Park, Glasgow G44 4BE or such other address notified to us or you for this purpose or (b) in respect of an Agreement including the provision of the Online Energy Service where notice can be given by e-mail, may alternatively be sent to us or you at the e-mail address given for us or you in the Agreement or such other e-mail address notified to us or you for this purpose
    And you can email contactus@scottishpower.com
  • jrawle
    Options
    I'll give that e-mail address a try. The web form just went to a blank page when I tried to submit it. No acknowledgement at all!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Options
    busybee100 wrote: »
    Could you work out what you should have been charged using the readings and costs (and discounts) for online v10?

I used uSwitch to compare current price if Online v10, then v11 (it tells you the current cost of your tariff, and any other tariffs that are cheaper or more expensive than your current supplier). It appears that EDF will be more expensive by about £30 than v10, or £30 cheaper than v11, so with £180 cashback/credit then should still work out cheaper. The exit fee is £50 but even after that, we should still be £100 up (unless EDF rockets in March when they defrost the freeze!). If they do, off we go again to another supplier.

Anon
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're still not budging for me on the termination fee. Just emailed again...
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well after another couple of emails back and forth it would seem I've annoyed them into submission, and they're crediting my account to take off the cancellation fees. :D
  • gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 January 2011 at 2:11AM
    Options
    I have just had an email notifying me of a price rise that went into effect on November 25th.

I am on online saver 9, which ends 30 March 2011.

Edit: Just done some price comparisons and there are are no cheaper options. Which is good to no, but it means switching and sticking two fingers up to Scottish Power for the late notification would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I will satisfy myself with a email of complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure