No spend days.

13»

Comments

• MooFace
    MooFace Posts: 11 Forumite
    This is the same for me. I don't count planned, budgeted bills etc. I consider a no-spend day as one where I don't spend anything additional on top (I call it 'fun money')
  • SO many definitions on this one!

I'm in the "essential bills don't count" camp - so if it comes out every month by DD it's irrelevant for the purposes of counting NSD's. other than that, if I spend on it, it counts - so any shopping (online or in person), booking a hotel, or travel, for example, buying fuel for the car - all of these would stop it being a NSD to my way of working.

Depending on the time of year and what's going on, I can have anywhere from 1 to 5 NSD's in a week.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I give myself and bf "pin" money of £400 each a month.

Crickey..I wouldn't spend a quarter of that,,dear wife would if she could but she cant:rotfl:
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • An NSD for me is when no money passes out of my hand from my purse, and my debit card never sees the light of day. So, no newspapers, coffees, dog treats, OMG I have to have that thing right nows, no trips down the pub for a swift dry white or two at early doors because I couldn't be arsed to cook, no nipping into the supermarket for something essential and coming out with 2 bottles of white and a cauliflower, none of these. No wandering around Boots and coming out with a nail file and a set of hair tongs because they were on offer, no flowers from Morrisons because they look nice, no books because they look interesting, no Prime purchases, no Ebay forays, no 'my son would love that piece of tat (which he won't), no 'my other son needs that piece of tat for college (which he won't).....If I can get through a day without any of these, I have won the NSD day challenge!
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, an 11 year old thread!! I don't count bills, just money out of my 'spending' account. I don't have enough by far!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts