ARGOS excluding NI in vouchers-im not happy

Options
12346»

Comments

• Colin_Kee
    Options
    I ordered a Cotbed from Argos a few weeks back and three days after it was delivered a £10 Voucher came in the post. On the delivery address I didn't have Northern Ireland. I just had address in Co. Armagh then postcode so I don't know if I was just luckey!!
    Live, Love & Laugh A Lot!
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you will be honest and send it back - lol!!!

I never got a reply to my further probing email on the subject, presumably as the offer had ended they considered it a "done deal" Still, since then the few hundred quid I might have spent in Argos went elsewhere - purposely!
  • bakkah
    bakkah Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry to read about the way you feel about the issue concerned, these decisions are made by our top directors and we have no control over these, as stated there will hopefully be offers that would benefit our Eire customers soon.

Please accept our apologies again for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at order.enquiries@argos.co.uk or call us on 0870 600 8784.

Regards,

That was the second email I received, rarely use Argos and usually only around Christmas but they are certainly off my Christmas shopping list now.
  • happymummy24-7
    Options
    im sure you will have already seen the new post but we are being offered the vouchers until saturday which is good but ive decided to shop elsewhere already and wont be using their store anymore!!!!
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• Thriftylady
    Options
    Have I totally got the wrong end of the stick, or does Bakkah's reply mean that Argos think that Northern Ireland is part of Eire?

I know its a bit of a sensitive issue, and obviously not one that we need to discuss here, but I could have sworn that, whether people want it to be or not, NI is currently in the UK?:confused:

I have agonised over how I worded this as I really don't want to open an inappropriate debate, but I'm genuinely confused as to what Argos mean...
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Hehe...understandable if you look back at the first page :rolleyes:

From that email, yes that's what Argos seem to be saying, but I reckon that's just another expression of poor geography from some less well travelled neighbours, rather than a deliberate attempt to somehow set up a united Ireland by not giving ALL of us a voucher.
    The initial problem wasn't about whether we were in the UK or not though, just that they had decided NI weren't getting the same deal as the rest of the UK.
    In light of Panda's latest post, pester power may have made them rethink that policy. Or perhaps they just wanted to give local MSE'rs the chance to get what they needed for 3-4 days :D
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    I noticed an advert for the £5 and £10 gift card 'back' scheme in Argos in the Abbeycentre this afternoon, didn't read the small print though, had a screaming wee'in with me and wasn't wearing my glasses! Spent £90 in the Argos in Connswater two days ago and didn't get anything, I've just realised, grrr!
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • Jon_C
    Jon_C Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    I bet a certain North Antrim MP would be none too pleased to hear that a big company like Argos is excluding Norn Iron from the UK as a 'business trial'.

'NEVVVVARRRRRR!'

etc.
  • Thriftylady
    Options
    Jon_C wrote:
    I bet a certain North Antrim MP would be none too pleased to hear that a big company like Argos is excluding Norn Iron from the UK as a 'business trial'.

'NEVVVVARRRRRR!'

etc.

:rotfl:

he hasn't been looking in the best of health recently, this could send his blood pressure through the roof, a man of his age !!
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    Tee hee to both Thriftylady and Jon c! Have just seen an advert for Argos with 25% of selected toys, one of which is Vtech, which I spent £20 on about a month ago, I'm not doing too well with Argos this weather, am I!!
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family