ARGOS excluding NI in vouchers-im not happy

in N. Ireland
60 replies 4.1K views

Replies

• ivanwilsonivanwilson Forumite
    72 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    See reply below - maybe there'll be an offer here soon?

Dear ...........

Thank you for your e-mail regarding promotion vouchers,

As any promotion offered by Argos is due so at the sole discretion of the business. Argos reserves the right to place restrictions on where and when its promotions are available.

If you live in an area or region currently excluded from a particular promotion, then Argos apologise to you for any inconvenience this may cause and wish to reassure you that, as we are always lowering our prices and creating new deals for our customers, there will be an offer you can hopefully benefit from soon.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call us on 0870 600 8784.

Regards,

Heather Courbet Collins
    Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team.
  • I've asked them when they last ran a promotion which was only available in Northern Ireland.
  • opaqueopaque Forumite
    183 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Maybe someone should ask them when the NI only voucher offer is going to happen.
    After all we've got 60 days to Christmas, time for several different offers as they get more and more desperate.
  • BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    After specifically asking them in my second email why NI was excluded and all of England, Scotland and Wales included, I got this standard response:-

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the voucher offer.

From time to time, Argos will run specific promotions that have restricted availability. This may be by store, region, postcode of different parts of the country.

As any promotion offered by Argos is done so at the sole discretion of the business, Argos reserves the right to place restrictions on where and when its promotions are available.

If you live in an area or region currently excluded from a particular promotion, then Argos apologise to you for any inconvenience this may cause and wish to reassure you that, as we are always lowering our prices and creating new deals for our customers, there will be an offer you can hopefully benefit from soon.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or call us on 0870 600 8784.

Regards,

Harriet Wooldridge
    Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team.

I will go back and ask again!
  • I got something similar .....

Dear Mr McC,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding promotional gift vouchers.

I apologise if you feel my response was vague, unfortunately this is the only information we have regarding the offer. As a business trial customers in Northern Ireland will be excluded from this promotion. Northern Ireland customers will who place their order in store or for reservation in store will not receive a promotional gift voucher as Northern Ireland stores are not participating in the promotion. Customers who place their order for home delivery via the website will not be sent a promotional voucher in line with this exclusion. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
  • RockmanRockman Forumite
    620 Posts
    ✭✭
    Anyone consider taking it to the Stephen Nolan sradio show and see if someone from Argos can be invited onto the show to explain why NI was excluded?
    Val :)
  • bingo_bangobingo_bango Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mightn't do any harm Panda, but to safeguard yourself, delete your own post (so they can't identify you for any future posts you might make), before doing do. You can always say a family member has asked you to find out.
  • RobothellRobothell Forumite
    494 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I'm also a bit !!!!ed with Argos doing this (although this has happened before and they always seem to have the voucher offer back on in the weeks before Christmas). It's admirable that so many people wish to boycott Argos and vote with our feet, but at the end of the day, I don't think they'll take a huge deal of notice. Another idea is for us all to get together and land at each branch in succession, fill in the little slips for £100 worth of stuff, let them ring it through the tills and then ask them if we qualify for the voucher deal. When told no, we ask them to cancel the order. Do this 50 times in each store and not only will they take notice, but we'll all be barred from their stores for life!!!

Just a thought from the MCA (Militant Consumer Association).
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • HAHA robothell-youve cracked it!!!!
    I agree that while a handful of us voting with our feet isnt going to crumble the argos empire,i think its important-well personally anyway-to stand for what i feel is important to me,and to be honnest by pulling their little marketing trial,they are doing my daughter out of an extra christmas pressent as i have said before christmas for me,and many many others on this site,is a VERY costly time and EVERY little really DOES help.
    I would love to talk to Stephen Nolan........but im far too scared,lol,he's fantastic but FAR too quick and intimidating for lil' old me
    robothell-is the MCA a present association or derrived exclusivly from argos being prats!!??
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• got a reply from Martin after contacting him:
    (quote from Martin MSE)
    "I think this is something that people should write to the their MPs on - I know NI Mps are very keen to see these things dealt with. Perhaps its worth suggesting an Early Day Motion (which is how MPs show their distaste)"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by happymummy24-7
    Hi Martin,
    I was just wanting to draw your attention to argos and thier decision to exclude the whole of Northern Ireland in their spend £50 recieve £5 and spend £100 recieve £10 voucher scheme.Im really peeved off about it-being in NI myself!In the local NI money savers thread i have posted about it and people have posted their various replies from argos if you would like to get the general gist of my complaint!
    I use these vouchers every year to help with xmas for my three daughters and feel really cheated this year,anyway i would love to hear what you think.
    Keep up the good fight,lol,Laura.

so there we go folks get your emails out to your various mp's :-)
    thanks for the relpy Martin!!
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News