How much have you spent today Saturday 21/10?

Options
Good afternoon DFWs :)

Hope you are all have a good day! I've had a very leisurely morning following my hectic week - just what I needed!

Went out for a bit with the OH and it was lovely! :love: We had a gorgeous meal and then a browse around the shops. I bought a couple of bits for the house so I spent £17.97 all together. Much lower than my usual Saturdays :rotfl:

I think we are off to the flicks tonight, if we find something we agree on watching :rolleyes: Have a lovely evening everyone :beer:

Moozie x
Leason learnt :beer:

Comments

• pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    My first no spend day in ages!

Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday I won't have to go to the swimming pool for a shower in the mornings (and spend 20p on drying my hair!!) Our new bathroom is finally finished 8 weeks after the shower broke and flooded the house! :D
    DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    I have spent £10 as yet, i'm also going out tonight so that will be another £50.
  • i have yet to spend anything. But i need credit so thats £10 alreday!
  • Mrs(no)money
    Options
    Hi Moozie

Sounds like you are having a lovely weekend...
    Enjoy the flicks later, you worked hard all week so deserve some time out:D

I, on the other hand, am home alone with a huge pile of washing, but hey, these things have to be done and at least the sun is shining now!:D

OH will be home soon and we'll be sharing a bottle of wine and time together later :love:

Spending today - nil! havent been out, unlike some;)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • Wonder_Girl
    Options
    So far i have spent nothing, and we are not going out anywhere later :D
    All comments and advice given is my own opinion and does not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

DFW Nerd #132
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    I have a confession to make:o
    every time I have said I have had a no spend day I have been lying (I think!:confused: )
    I deposited £2 in2 william hills account a while ago (in september) and have been putting bets on (2p e/w!:rotfl: :cool: ) but I am £2.67 in credit and waiting for some more to run 2day! so is it really spending?!
    Aprt from that nowt cos I am completely skint until payday next week (and also have no food in!):eek: :T :rotfl:
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    OH gone out to spend £10 on a shower curtain as it has mould on it and we have already bleached it to death in the past. We have relatives about to arrive for 3 nights (we have no standards any more but we don't want to shock them!) We've also run out of dishwasher powder so that may be about £3.50 or so. Grrrrr hate spending money.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • never_again_2
    Options
    You're all going to look like angels compared to my spend today::o

I had an eye test last week and need glasses - so today I spent £169 on a new pair of glasses (one of the cheaper pairs in the opticians, but I did like them anyway)

The DH and I went and brought a wardrobe and two bedside cabinets as most of my clothes now live on the bedroom floor due to lack of storage space: total £387.

Then we went food shopping and spent £37.

Total for today: £593:eek:

However all necessary stuff and we have been talking about getting the wardrobe for ages and have saved up in advance
    Total Debt November 2016 =£9,660.52 :mad:

Monthly Repayments = £593.09 :eek:

Goal to be debt free December 2017/ Savings £500 :T
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Oops, Never-Again I feel like a cheapskate compared with you, especially as the shower curtain only cost £4, yeeeeeees!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • northern_star
    Options
    You're all going to look like angels compared to my spend today::o

I had an eye test last week and need glasses - so today I spent £169 on a new pair of glasses (one of the cheaper pairs in the opticians, but I did like them anyway)

The DH and I went and brought a wardrobe and two bedside cabinets as most of my clothes now live on the bedroom floor due to lack of storage space: total £387.

Then we went food shopping and spent £37.

Total for today: £593:eek:

However all necessary stuff and we have been talking about getting the wardrobe for ages and have saved up in advance

OUCH!!!!

I've spent £2.30 on local papers (DD jobhunting) and a sandwich for work.

Need to go food shopping but that can wait until tomorrow (and is budgetted for anyhow)

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport