Death in family -affordable flight from UK to Canada - please help!

Options
Good evening,

Had a bit of bad news this evening that a close uncle has died very suddenly and I will need to travel from London or Manchester to Toronto, Canada perhaps within the next week or slightly longer.

I'd appreciate it greatly if anyone can offer a bit of advice on getting an affordable flight. I'm a full-time student so there isn't a lot of money about at the moment, but I must go. I'll properly begin looking tomorrow morning for a flight, but at the moment the funeral hasn't been set as it was very sudden and an autopsy will need to be performed.

All advice very gratefully received.

Thank you!
:A Thanks to all the lovely people who contribute their advice! :A

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    US airways look the cheapest currently @ £478 from Man with a change in Philadelphia

Note the cheapest fares are normally non-changeable so if you don't know how long you will need to be there make sure you can check if you can change for a fee or wait until the plans are finalized
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most traditional airlines offer 'compassionate' fares, but you have to call them direct to get them and they usually ask for an official document as proof, they may not be the absolute cheapest fare but can be the cheapest fare with flexibility.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure