MSE News: Santander still worst bank for customer service

124»

Comments

• Op47
    Op47 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I am not sure if this is the right place, but I noticed that RBS customer service and Nat West customer service have been lumped into 1 for the purpose of the survey. I have been forced to move banks from RBS because of them being taken over by Santander. I moved to Nat West, but I have already got fed up. RBS gives excelent service (when the MD allows) and Nat West are terrible. You would think that they are 2 different banks.
  • Bobjob_2
    Bobjob_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    My problem with Santander is very small compared to some of the poor souls on this board. I switched a Santander cash ISA to their new version because they decreed the interest rate had to fall on the old one. Simple internal switch? Sadly not - three months and three complaints letters on I still have no link to my bank account which means they have effectively stolen my money as I can't get it out.

Any ideas what I can do next? They don't seem to have any phone number for online ISA queries. How do you make these people DO anything?
  • pawnbroker_2
    pawnbroker_2 Posts: 75 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2011 at 2:11PM
    Personally I would take advice from a solicitor and file a claim in the County Court for the money as clearly they are refusing to give you your money. If you win and you clearly will Santander will be liable for costs.
  • Post script on this one: I have now (finally) been told by Santander that the Direct ISA 6 that they were quite happy for me to switch my internet account to is, in fact, not able to be linked to a non-Santander current account. NOWHERE on the Santander website ot T&Cs does it say this. I only fond it out when they finally put me through to a technical guy in the IT department. Customer Services were, as always, useless.
  • I recently paid a cheque in through the Post Office, it never arrived to a account until nearly a month later but not my account, they have told me so many different stories when I call them and have now basically washed their hands of this and have told me I need to do all the work to find it, I have been with them for over 30 years but I will be moving, along with all of my families accounts as well, the worst of it is this is my husbands pay and it pays all our monthly out-goings and so none of our bills will be paid because of them. They have basically lost the cheque somewhere for a month and then cashed it to wherever and are now saying its up to me to find out what has happened. I think this it is a complete "SHAMBLES". I am bitterly disappointed in the service I have received from the telephone calls and even visiting the local branch. No one at all seems to know what they are doing, they all either need complete re-training or sacking!!
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Jubesee wrote: »
    I recently paid a cheque in through the Post Office, it never arrived to a account until nearly a month later but not my account, they have told me so many different stories when I call them and have now basically washed their hands of this and have told me I need to do all the work to find it, I have been with them for over 30 years but I will be moving, along with all of my families accounts as well, the worst of it is this is my husbands pay and it pays all our monthly out-goings and so none of our bills will be paid because of them. They have basically lost the cheque somewhere for a month and then cashed it to wherever and are now saying its up to me to find out what has happened. I think this it is a complete "SHAMBLES". I am bitterly disappointed in the service I have received from the telephone calls and even visiting the local branch. No one at all seems to know what they are doing, they all either need complete re-training or sacking!!

This thread is about Santander; if you have a complaint about the Post Office I'd suggest that you start a new thread.
  • rb10 wrote: »
    This thread is about Santander; if you have a complaint about the Post Office I'd suggest that you start a new thread.

I'll put money on it, that it was not the Post Office who messed up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport