Right SOA

INCOMING
    Hubbys wage £1485
    My wage £1050 (approx)
    Child Benefit £134.80
    CTC £40.32

TOTAL INCOMING £2710.12

OUTGOING
    Mortgage £683.30 (Have you reviewed this?)
    Council Tax £115 (Do you pay for 10 months you may be able to pay 2 lumps sums of £115 to your C/C in March and April 2011)
    Childcare £600
    Life Insurance £8 (Seems low Is this for the mtg or family? How much cover do you have?)
    Mobile Phones £48 (Seems high! Are you on a contract or could you go PAYG?)
    Landline & Broadband £17.50
    Pet Insurance £29.35 (Seems high have you done a pricecomparision?)
    Tax and MOT £25
    Credit Card £50 (just over min payment) (If you can make some savings elsewhere you will be able to pay more than the min and thus pay this off more quickly)
    TV License £12.30
    Groceries £200
    Diesel £140
    Gas and Elec £80
    Water £44 (Is this still a 10 monthly payment? Our is included with rent so don't pay separate water bill myself! If so pay 2 extra lots of £44 to CC in March and April 2011)
    Holiday £40
    Birthdays £15
    Xmas £25
    Car Maintenance £20
    Kids Bank Accs £20 (Could you divert this to your C/C?)
    Car Ins £40 (How many cars do you have? Have you done a price comparrision on this?)
    Bike ins £10 (Is this for push bike or motor bike? Push bikes maybe able to be included on contents Ins for less)
    Entertainment/Days Out £120 (Could you divert some/any of this to your C/C?)
    Clothes/haircuts £50 (Could you cut this back no pun intended, Perhaps you could cut hubbies and the children's with clippers and could you consider attending an apprentice session for your cut?)

TOTAL OUTGOINGS £2392.45

1)This SOA still leaves just over £317 was is currently happening to this?
    2)I don't see any contents or buildings insurance here!
    3)Or any payment to you MIL?

Well done on posting your SOA. Other MSE may want you to use the MSE template before they comments so I hope that the above helps serve as a starter.

Traycee
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    OMG :eek:

You were right there was some news. Good job you popped into my diary hon as i would never have found you over here. Must have been giving up breastfeeding that did it. ;)

Sounds like you need a trip over here one day to go to the cheap food place near me. I get some great frozen stuff. Or i could let you know some of the stuff they do and prices. Might help the budget go that bit further.

I bet you are shattered. My DS2 alone is driving me so scatty at the minute, so the thought of an extra 2 younger than him. (Not counting my DS1 as he is so good i barely know i have him.)

I have no doubt it will be hard at first but you will manage.

Seems like everyone i know is having a baby at the minute. So what will EDD be? Do i need to start knitting something for you too? :D

Thrilled for you. A bit shocked. Don't think i could do it. :A
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    I haven't even stopped breastfeeding! He was still having 2 or 3 feeds a day! Although he is only having 1 now.

DS1 is driving me mad at the moment too. He seems to go through stages of behaving really well, then being really hard work. I think pre-school in April will do him the world of good, as he is getting really bored at home.

Yes a trip over to stock up on frozen things is a great idea. My neice has just moved to your neck of the woods too, so hopefully I could combine the two.

I'm not 100% sure what my EDD is yet, but I have my scan a week on Monday, so will let you know then. Aaaarggh I'm scared!! :eek:
    Mummy to 3 fabulous boys all under 4 :eek:
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    Is she? Cool. Could combine it with getting them toys too. Although they have emptied the bag out again so i need to find all the bits again. Can't wait till the kitchen is done and i am not tripping over quite as much stuff. DS2 is into everything. I can't move anything else out of the way. Microwave on the floor. Kettle on dining table. He's being a royal pain.

That shop is pretty cheap. Best on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday when they have their special offers on. I get some really good quality meat from there, and only one dodgy lot of salmon that was so strong tasting the kids wouldn't eat it. Chicken and Beefburgers, fishfingers, curried chicken pieces. Loads of stuff really that makes quick meals.

I'm surprised you are still managing to feed him now. Have you been ok with it? Not too sicky? It sounds like it will be a similar gap as between my two, and hopefully they will all be really close as they grow. You know where i am if you want anything. I can always drive over your way too. We'll have to think of some super cheap days out to keep those pennies in our purses. ;)
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    traycee wrote: »
    You don't mention where the CC debt is and what rate you are paying also are you paying MIL interest?

Do you mean the amount, or what it was for? We are interest free, and at the moment we're paying the minimum payment which is £48, but rounding it up to £50.

We haven't started paying MIL back yet, and won't be paying her any interest.
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    traycee wrote: »
    1)This SOA still leaves just over £317 was is currently happening to this?
    2)I don't see any contents or buildings insurance here!
    3)Or any payment to you MIL?

I must have forgotten buildings/contents ins. We pay £25 a month for that.

I really don't know what is happening to the money we should have spare. The thing is we are both terrible at budgeting, so although it looks ok on paper, it never really happens...
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    Michelle, I'm winding down the feeds now, as I think my milk is starting to go and he is getting frustrated. I've been pretty well thanks, not sick but feeling it. As long as I keep nibbling all day it seems to keep it at bay.

I'm actually going over to see my niece on Saturday this week, but there is no point going to the cheapo shop then as I have a freezer full of stuff. We will definitely plan something for next time though. I agree with the cheap days out too. I think it just gets that bit harder as it's coming up to winter, as you also want to keep warm...

First NSD in ages today. Lets see if we can keep it up
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    Well 2 NSDs this week, but today hubby has spent £61!! He needed to, as he is putting a new bannister and balastrades on the stairs before our new carpet comes next Saturday. I just wish there was an end to this spending!
    Oh well, had quite a productive day today anyway, as MIL came over and watched the boys while I tidied the playroom, and sorted out some toys to get rid of that the boys have grown out of.
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    I had a serious chat with hubby last night too about our financial situation, and we have agreed to get the house valued to see if we're in negative equity or not. I don't think we will get anything like what we paid for it, but hopefully we will have enough to pay the mortgage off. We owe just over 13k less than we bought the house for, so I'm praying that we will at least break even. With a new baby coming and me having to leave work, I just can't see how we can afford to stay here, especially as the interest rates could shoot up at any time. It's such a shame, as we both like the house, the neighbours and the area, but it is costing us so much and it's not sustainable on 1 wage. We're struggling at the moment, and that's with me working so we will never manage when I leave work :cry:
  • LittleBit_2
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just popping on here really quickly before I tackle Mount Everest aka the ironing pile. Had another NSD yesterday and actually made some money too :D MIL had told me she sold some gold the other day and got a really good price. I'd had some gold an a purse in the sideboard for a couple of years waiting to sell it on. Well I took it to the jewellers and they gave me £175 :j I couldn't believe it!! I gave MIL £100 towards the money we owe her. Spent £5 on a couple of scratchcards (didn't win), a lottery ticket and some sweets for us and the kids. The £70 I've put to one side that will hopefully pay for our food shopping and diesel for the rest of the month. I'm made up :D
    Last night we went to my niece's house for tea. She made a nice tea, and it was nice to do something different, but the boys were tired and playing up a bit, so we didn't stay that long.
    This morning I've shipped all the boys out to a local park so I can do the ironing and tidy up. Going to switch the laptop off now and get cracking...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport