Transfer from Post Office ISA

Options
Good Evening!

Does anyone know how I can get a sort code and account number for my Post Office ISA?

All I have is an "ISA Number" (starts with an H, 8 digits and a letter). Their phones closed at 1pm today.

Thanks for any help.

W.

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2010 at 7:25PM
    Options
    I've checked with a friend who transferred a PO ISA a year or so ago but who, unfortunately can only recall that the process was 'complicated', rather than any details - unable to recall whether Family Finance gave a Sort Code/Account Number or just said to use the ISA Number on the transfer form.

If noone who has made such a transfer recently replies, unfortunately you'll just have to wait until the phone lines open on Monday.
  • JapanG
    Options
    I imagine you've now found out from the PO directly but I thought I'd add my tuppence worth. I've had the same question today and hopefully it will save some trouble for others wondering the same.
    The PO helpline staff have told me that they do not have a sort code, and the 10 character account number is the one to use. The receiving bank (Halifax) seemed fine with this when I submitted forms today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure