Ive got 2 lumps

About 6 months ago a lump came up behind my ear after leaving it a couple of weeks i went to the gp who diagnosed a cyst gave me antibiotics and said that would clear it, well it never cleared it up but after a couple of months it did go away on its own although not totally was still a small swelling.

Now on monday the lump is back bigger than ever but as i thought it was a cyst thought it would go away on its own (like before). Today while scratching my neck about an inch up from the collar bone i have noticed another one ??? and this one is v v painful.

Should i be worried and get another drs appt. Or just leave it and it will go away on its own ???

Comments

• Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Divadee,

I would definitely get another doctor's appointment. You may need antibiotics to clear it up. It needs looking at especially if it is painful.

Good luck.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Go to the GP - it could be something and nothing, but that is why it needs looking at.

Hope all goes well for you.
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    well i have made a drs appt. for tomorrow morning.

i knew thats what i had to do, but i hate going to the gp far more people need that appt. more than me.

i will let you know what was said. ;)
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Divadee,
    My mum had a cyst that would 'come and go' regularly,

some cysts do this :-/

Don't worry but get it checked anyway ;)
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    divadee My brother-in-law had 2 lumps on the back of his neck, like yours one appeared, left and then the other appeared, although he had to get the second one surgically removed. About 3 months ago he found another lump but this time it was on the bottom of his back. He had it removed last Monday and was told it was just an ingrown hair. Fingers crossed yours will be something simple too!

Good luck tomorrow morning and let us know how you get on!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    yeah good luck divadee, will be thinking of you too. ;)
  • divadee
    thought i would update you all. :)

Went to the gp this morning unfortunately the cyst behind my ear and the lump on my neck are not connected in anyway at all  :( i was so sure they would be.

It a swelling of the lymph node. I was sent straight to the hospital for a blood tests and other tests x-ray etc.... as they think it could be a lymphoma :( when they get the results i will be having a biopsy to see whats lurking in there. Hopefully some time next week.

I moan all the time about the nhs but today they have been so quick, good and proffesional with me.

What i want to say to everyone is please check any lumps that you may have with your gp they are probably nothing (like i thought) but it might not. xxxx
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Keep your chin up girl ;)
  • divadee
    thanks traf :-*
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Good luck with the results for next week.
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport