We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Goals for week commencing 15 October

Options
Good morning Moneysavers.

Goals time again. If you're new - tell us what you aim to get done by this time next week. If you've done it before, tell us how well you did.

Last week's thread is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=278825

I didn't quite get spending within target but pretty close.

This week I aim to spend less than last week and beginning looking at cashback/stoozing. Also looking to take another couple of hundred quid off my "debt free by Christmas" challenge.

Over to you.

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    By this time next week I would like to have found a way of paying off our debts quicker and reducing our monthly outgoings.. I'm still in the brainstorming and advice seeking process of things..
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excluding bills, I intend to spend £10 per day at most. £5 of this will be covered by Tube fare. Today will be a 'small' spender - going to buy a drink when I see a band later but thats it.
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Haven't done this for a while - probably should start again :D

My goals for this week are:

Get up to over £400 in my money for nothing challenge.

List all my freebie stuff on Ebay today.

Win at least 1 more prize that I can use for my Christmas present challenge.

Get up to at least £200 in my AQA account.

Good luck everyone :D

Emily x
  • pms
    pms Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Last Week
    1. Spend less than £40. I have spent £67.21, without filling the car up with fuel it was only £37.21
    2. Get up early at least 2 days to go swimming. Only managed 1 morning this week
    3. Don't spend any money at Rooster concert on Monday only on food before hand. Spent a grand total of £12 on food and parking

This week
    1. At least 1 morning swimming.
    2. Spend less than £20.

DFW Nerd no. 177 :)

~ Car HP - £1447.41 still to pay - Final payment July 2008 :T

~ 26 monthly payments left of my Trust Deed :)

~ Clear Credit Report March 2012 :T

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    last week[= don't use checkbook/used twice! (shopping):eek:
    take lunch to work everyday=did this
    stay within overdraft=actually managed this for the first time in ages
    same goals next week BUT every1 is going to kfc for dinner at work today-VERY tempted but MUST resist
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    Last Week:

* Do something about having bank charges refunded Sent off for my statements
    * Send off application form for part time job Done, just waiting to hear the result
    * Chase up Littlewoods re credit still owed after closing account in February! It's on it's way apparently, I'll believe it when I see it...
    * Complete daily spending diary and update on PC at week end Yes, been very strict about doing this
    * Stick to menu plan - take a packed lunch into work everyday Done
    * Aim for 2 no spend days Failed, only managed one

This week:
    • Update Sending Diary every day
    • Transfer £100 from current account into savings account
    • Ring Northern Rock and up the Mortgage Direct Debit to overpay by £40 next month - also confirm with them how much I can overpay
    • Double check we actually have life insurance with mortgage as nasty feeling we don't - arrange if needed
    • Try to aim for at least 2 no spend days
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Last week
    Send letter to car insurance with no claims proof to get £100 refund (again) Done!:j
    Make 17 quid last until Friday which is payday Done:j
    Take lunch to work everyday Yes :beer:
    Find out about when bounus will be paid - no
    Sell 2 things on ebay - sold 1 thing for 28quid

This week ...

Take lunch to work every day
    Don't get anymore cash out of cashpoint until Saturday
    Chase tax refund
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    erm i missed last weeks thread due to slight fuzziness of the head and working all day too...

so two weeks ago's aims...

1-finish corset and look amazing on saturdaydid, but didn't wear it in the end, still looked amazing though, even if i do say so myself!
    2-have a super night on saturday and not worry about how much i'm spending, it's budgeted fori didn't worry about the money but didn't have a fab night either...long story
    3-try not to buy any food till at least saturday, my meal plan is all covereddidn't buy food that week :j
    4-try not to spend any money till friday making 5 no spend dayserm if i remember correctly i made it till wednesday when i bought copious amounts of booze and drank for four days :eek:
    5-get house gutted in time for folk coming round on saturday!house looked lovely

this weeks aims...

1-get spending back under control after birtday week
    2-finish tiling in kitchen and start on papering
    3-start sorting out and painting living room (depending on if i jump a bus to bnq or not)
    4-be a very good girl for remainder of week till wages come in on friday
    5-stop binge drinking...my brain hurts trying to think of aims!

good luck with your weeks folks xx
  • hannah:-)_2
    Options
    Hi everyone - this is my first time posting on the weekly goals bit, hope you don't mind me crashing your thread. :wave:

Goals this week are:
    1. take all meals to work (no junk shopping!)
    2. cut up lombard credit card (It's almost maxed out already, but figure if it's in pieces then I can't respend anything I manage to repay off the debt!)
    3. at least 3 no spend days
    4. count my 2p, 20p and £2 pots and add to my signature
    5. list at least 3 items on ebay - finally figured out how to sell rather than keep buying this morning, so am on my way! :T

xH:-)
    Official DFW nerd 187 :T Highest debt Oct 06 £23,319 _pale_ Cleared end 09. :T
    Student again now and trying to fight the debts that are creeping up again :eek:
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I'm new to the goals too.

Hopefully I want to get my car back, although that's down to the garage not me.

Not spend anything when I go see a band tonight.

Finally make a decision on how to deal with my debts (seeing CAB tomorrow).

Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport