We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

So, are we being good little DFWs today?

Options
I am...

Just popping to the post office (why does my Amazon stuff sell one at a time, why can't 3 or 4 people decide to buy my books on the same day saving me numerous PO runs!)

Then it's my weekly Tesco run- challlenge is £40 and there needs to be 2 bottles of wine in there too.

Then I'm going to check out the local Mothercare as I have found a potential "money from nothing" venture in their excellent maternity clothes sales.

Just done my Quidco clicks- 18p, but hey it does build up.

Have a good day everyone :D
Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
currently: £13,353.25
DFW Nerd 178
Proud to be dealing with my debts

Comments

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    hiya mrs sparkle... i am staying in today... may make some bread for my brother later :rolleyes: and i need to clean my 'tip' up oh and i am listing on ebay too :) thats about it

have a good day everyone :D
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'm staying in too. I have a chest infection and feel quite poorly. At least I won't be spending any money :)
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    I'm trying to be good...I'm going to go on quidco in a while and apply for a new credit card, purely for emergencies, but fine if they are going to pay me to get one....
    I won't be spending anything during the day, but am going to the theatre tonight ( tickets paid for by my mum)
    I have checked my online balances, and am still on target to get my overdraft down by another £50 this month.I really need to sort out some stuff to ebay so may do that this afternoon.....
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Have just done the weekly shop for the first time ever in Aldi instead of Tesco or Sainsburys and spent 14.80!
    There's enough to last the week, adding to the stuff already in the freezer and cupboards, and I paid in cash to try to stop me spending tons.
    A little step for some but quite a big one for me!

Also just put some cheques in the bank and paid off the credit card used to buy presents for a birthday ( before the bill even came!)
    Have the aliens abducted the real me????
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    Well i'm still in my jim jams. Feeling like a sore throat or ear infection is on it's way... maybe both!

I have no plans but to sit on the sofa. May pop out to the market to pick up some veg and then may do a bulk cook and freeze session... but I might not. Got some housework, tidying and filing to do.

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    well i'm still in my jammies too, but thats cause i've had such a long ang tiring week i didn't bother to set my alarm this morning and woke up at 10.45 :j actually feel like i've had a good nights sleep for a change.

this weekend will possibly be a bad mse time for me. gonna give full details in my diary to stop me clogging up mrs sparkles thread.

have a good one folks x
  • saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    I'm being good, I guess :(

I'm sulking actually, I really wanted to go out for a coffee today - itchy feet for some reason, but my husband pointed out 'We don't have much money left and have another week to wait till we get some in, plus we're going out for a big night out at the end of the month, we should save up for that'.

Its normally me being the responsible one, feels strange getting told off like that! Still, he has a point...

I wanted my coffee!
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well I was going to really good today and not spend any money! whoohoo! And get motivated to make pickled onions, jams, lemon curd and put stuff on Ebay!
    well that was the plan until I came downstairs and found the kitchen flooded:eek:
    So now off to B&Q to buy soldering stuff to mend the leaking copper joints on the pipes underneath the sink:mad:
    So much for a stress-free day :rolleyes: I bet Sarah b@@dy Beeney never had to crawl crab-like underneath a cupboard the size of a matchbox!!!!:confused:
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey Sassers that sounds awful!

Well I hope you all do better than me- I managed to spend £65 in Tesco's today- aaaaarghhh! I didn't realise I needed so much stuff. Still, if I can make this lot last the best part of 2 weeks I won't feel quite so bad.

Off to take pics for new eBay listings...
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • SunderlandBlackCat
    Options
    Having a pretty good dfw day today.

Counted up my change £81.09 so bagged that up paid it into the bank. Sold my rowing machine for £20 which is what I paid for it 2 years ago so added that onto the bank credit.

Got home & decided to clear out my desk drawers - found £13.50 of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers that are still in date. Checked out what I still have in the cupboard, fridge & freezer then spent an hour or so on the Tesco website checking out 2 for 1 offers etc & planning what I can make. Should have enough food to last about 3 weeks once I walk round to tesco's & get it.

Going to have my Saturday beans on toast first though to avoid being in the supermarket while feeling hungry ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport