Savings account without postal correspondence

I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place but I was looking for advice about starting a savings account but I don't want any correspondence to come to my home. What is the best type of account to get? Would it be an internet account which will make contact by e-mail? If it is not an ISA then are there any accounts which do not send end of year tax statements to your address?

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Why?
  • debbie42
    debbie42 Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    There was a recent thread on a similar topic:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2787998
    Debbie
  • dazeruk
    dazeruk Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place but I was looking for advice about starting a savings account but I don't want any correspondence to come to my home. What is the best type of account to get? Would it be an internet account which will make contact by e-mail? If it is not an ISA then are there any accounts which do not send end of year tax statements to your address?

I'm not sure such things exist.

I think by law, banks have to communicate certain 'actions' by post. Probably the initial opening T&Cs and subsequent changes, changes in interest rates, annual statements.

I've had a few online accounts but still get account mail through the post.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    dazeruk wrote: »
    I think by law, banks have to communicate certain 'actions' by post. Probably the initial opening T&Cs and subsequent changes, changes in interest rates, annual statements

I've had a few accounts where I get nothing by post and where everything is done electronically.

ICICI, in particular come to mind. I had to post them a cheque as an opening deposit to prove my identity but all their correspondence came via email..

Regards
    Sunil
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,596 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Can you use a PO Box for all communications? They will probably need your address to check out identity for money laundering but after that they should be able to set a correspondence address.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Thanks Debbie for the link and Sunil and everyone else. I will check ICICI out for starters. I can use my postal address okay for identity and I might check out a mail box too.
  • le_loup wrote: »
    Why?

Whats it got to do with you.............nosey get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills