Dh offered to buy me a pressie.... any OS suggestions?

Options

Comments

• ubamother
    ubamother Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent OH! It might be easier to focus on what you want most if you have a fair idea of budget - £10-20, £20-50, £50-80, £80+ etc.
  • valentina
    valentina Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got/would you use a jam pan?
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why not ask for a treat like a day out/nice dinner out or just a day off from doing the housework? :D
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Kazwookie, thanks for the suggestions. We do give a lot already to charity and directly to poor families in desperate conditions. I really want something for me.
    The suggestions of a day off etc are nice, but I would like something that would last. Don't know what the budget is, but I imagine I wouldn't want to ask for more than maybe £30-40 worth.
    Midnightraven I like the idea of a kitchen aid. I have always wanted one........ I do have a food processor that i got a few years ago, but kitchen aid would be good. Is it only for mixing?
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • rosie383
    Options
    Ok. That's not going to work! Just had a look on ebay and the prices are :eek:. I had a look then just at ordinary mixers and the cheapest of them was about £100.
    Just have to stick with my wee hand mixer from A*da for about £4:). Ah well, I'm lucky to have one of those anyway. Will ask dh to keep an eye out at the car boot sale for a mixer for me. I did find a wee old but good one last year, but gave it to my wonderful Mum-in-law as she has arthritis and really needed it, whereas I just wanted it.:o
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One of the things I'd have liked before OH retired is to spend a day with him doing something nice together - visit a stately home, do some sightseeing, go for a long walk somwehere lovely, have a long lunch somewhere you've never been before. Some of these are not just OS but FREE, but his time was the most 'expensive' thing as he didn't have a lot of it to spend on leisure things - might that be an idea ? (Now my OH has retired I'm more keen on the idea of a day all by myself, like I used to have and enjoy...but that's another story !) :)
  • rosie383
    Options
    That is a really lovely idea! He has been working so hard lately that we don't see him much, and when he is off he is too exhausted to go out and about too much. I usually end up doing things just with the kids. Mind you, I don't know when I would get that present as he is working more overtime in the next few weeks, and then is off to visit his mum for a couple of weeks, then back to more work!
    I will suggest it though.
  • sonnythecat
    Options
    Rosie 383 I've just read this thread and you sound like a lovely, kind and nurturing person. I want to buy you a present myself!!!!

If you like growing things, how about a heated propogator. You can get them for about £20.00, and they hugely increase your seed repertoire!!!!

Whatever you decide, I hope you love it!!
  • brightonman123
    Options
    champagne, chocolates.. ;-)
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rosie, what about a pressure cooker if you don't have one? Mine is my second favouritest kitchen thing (after my Kenwood Chef) and is used almost every day.

Or for £30-£40 you could possibly get a Kenwood Chef from ebay, if you wouldn't mind a used present. The older models are by far the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure