We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

claiming back bank charges ?

Options
Ive read on a few threads people suggesting claiming back bank charges from the past 6 years - i reckon if i could do that id be well on my way to paying off a few debts

How though ? i cant seem to find an article or thread explaining what to do

prob cant see the wood for the trees as i keep getting sidetracked by interesting threads

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Have a read of Martin's article here...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632

then post on the Budgeting and Current Accounts Board any questions you might have :)
  • wotnext
    wotnext Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! There is a huge article about it here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,

You need to register with the Consumer Action Group forum (link within the article above), which gives you all the standard letters and info that you need to know.

Best of luck!
  • waveydave
    waveydave Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic

Cheers very muchly
  • wolvesfc123
    Options
    LOOK AT WWW.CONSUMERACTIONGROUP.COM :rotfl: ITS REALLY GOOD LOOK IN FORUMS SECTION X
  • waveydave
    Options
    Well ive just gone through bank statements for one bank back to jan 2002 - and i can now 100% see how ive ended up in the predicament of being skint and in debt - tis criminal what they charge you.

Good thing is if i can get my bank charges back then ive a ruddy good chance of getting all my back log of debts cleared quicker than i could of ever imagined
  • waveydave
    Options
    A quick question for anyone who has done this before -

Im compiling the dates and amounts of charges i have to put into a spreadsheet tosend to the bank with my letter.

Lloyds charges work in a way that although teh returned cheque may of been on the 22nd august 06 they do not physically remove the cash from your account till about a month later ( ussually the 1st of the month after - ie in this case 1st october 06)

So which date do i need to put down - the date the cheque was returned and i was told i would be charged - or the date teh actual charge came out of my account ?

Any help much appreciated
  • Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    Put in the date the money was 'stolen' from your account. I have just sent the Allocation Questionnaire back to the court for my son as he is taking LTSB to court. Martin has an excellent site here - you may want to check out https://www.penaltycharges.co.uk - lots of templates and advice, much the same as the others I would guess. Good luck with your claim.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • waveydave
    Options
    Topstuff Bambam

Thanks and will have a look at the link you gave :)

Dave
  • Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    By the way, Dave. You WILL get your charges back, so start planning how you will spend it. The only drawback with LTSB is they take it right to the court steps in the hope that people will crack and not proceed any further. You will be pleased to hear that 100% of claimants have been successful.

Bambam
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • waveydave
    Options
    Bambam wrote:
    By the way, Dave. You WILL get your charges back, so start planning how you will spend it. The only drawback with LTSB is they take it right to the court steps in the hope that people will crack and not proceed any further. You will be pleased to hear that 100% of claimants have been successful.

Bambam

well now i have calculated how much i think a holiday in the caribean is on order :rotfl:

Joking aside - the figure ive come up with is a lot more than i expected and more than i worked out last night and i know exactly where the money will be going

PAYING OFF DEBTS lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family