Car Hire - Spain 2011

Options
lurkylurky
lurkylurky Posts: 442 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 2 November 2010 at 6:12AM in Flights, currency & car hire
I'm looking to book a car for 22 days from 23 July 2011 at Murcia airport.

The best I've found so far is £380.69 with Europcar for a Seat Ibiza with a full/full fuel policy. I would quite like an additional driver and this is 3 euros a day extra.

The next best is £393 with Argus Car Hire, again with a full/full policy. Additional driver is 8.3 euros a day.

Has anybody found any good deals?

Comments

• Senora
    Senora Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Lurkey!

We use VIP Pilhor based at Pilar de la Horadada - pickups either Murcia or Alicante - full for full - and (as far as I can remember) no charge for one extra driver. Good Cars and usually good prices

Worth giving Audrey a mail on

[EMAIL="booking@vippilhorsl.com"]booking@vippilhorsl.com[/EMAIL]

Regards Ruth
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks to me like Holiday Autos are probably cheaper if you use this link.

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xoneaccount

This is a discount link for Virgin One Account holders but I've used it plenty of times without one. The prices include an additional driver.
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    Thanks. I'll look at both of these.
  • bullybear
    Options
    Have a look at economy car hire great company and if u work for nhs extra 5% discount
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    bullybear wrote: »
    Have a look at economy car hire great company and if u work for nhs extra 5% discount

Thanks for this. I've taken a look and they are quoting £491 for my dates in July so not so good.

I am now also looking to book for 9 days at Easter as well and this is £161. I've found a voucher code (wxyvfk) and this brings it down to £151. This is the best I've found so far but they operate a full/empty fuel policy. Do you know roughly how much they charge for a tank of petrol?
  • Sailor1983
    Options
    DO NOT USE EUROPCAR

Read my thread to find out why! And check out the recent expose by the Sunday Times travel section. They are terrible.
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    Thanks for the warning Sailor 1983. I actually read your thread yesterday and certainly wouldn't touch Europcar/Auto Europe now.
    I hope the money is back in your account pronto.

I have now booked my Easter rental with Economy Car Hire. Still looking for Summer. Prices seem to have gone up in the last week - serves me right for dragging my heels!
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    glad you've seen the article in the sunday times from last sunday - i ws just coming on here to tell everyone about it as I thought if they wrote to europcar with the man's name mentioned in the article on the letter who is so apologetic and saying he'll reimburse all and sundry hopefully you'll be successful in your claim.
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »
    Looks to me like Holiday Autos are probably cheaper if you use this link.

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xoneaccount

This is a discount link for Virgin One Account holders but I've used it plenty of times without one. The prices include an additional driver.

Thanks again for this Cubelink. I've just used your link to book my summer car hire. Paid £401. Additional extra driver is free and I can have either a full/full or full/empty fuel option. I paid nearly £8.00 for the credit card surcharge but think this worth it for the credit card protection.

I wouldn't mind reading the Sunday Telegraph article on Europcar if anybody has the link. I can't find it.
  • Sailor1983
    Options
    Lurky - It's the Sunday Times and unfortunately it is pay to view now. I would say its worth it though for a pound -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure