not having the best of days

Options
Hi everyone, I am new to this so be gentle x

I am currently about £22.000 in debt, I have contacted payplan, but still having trouble opening a new account. But now tried with nationwide

I feel that I am not in control as no one knows the full extent of my debt, I have told my boyfriend about my debt and that I am with payplan, but now I am late with my council tax and phone bill and struggle to cope by the end of the month and have to borrow money. I currently live on my own and planning to move back to my parentS!!!!

I am just having a bad day, I will post my outgoing to you all tomorrow, just want some support really. Off sick today because I feel that stressed about it but really hiding away.

X
:heart2: 4 more years to being debt free :p
:A

Comments

• Dolly_Smith
    Options
    I think the first thing you need to do is get control! then you can stop hiding and deal with it - it's the only way forward. You'll get a lot of support here and it will help you. Get everything down in black and white - that's the first step to sorting it out. Then let these guys do what they're good at :)
  • penny698
    penny698 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks I will go through my paperwork, I think the biggest problem at the moment is with my current bank as I am so overdrawn with them.

Sorry not feeling too good tonight and feeling very emotionally thanks for your support

xx
  • Dolly_Smith
    Options
    there have been days where I've opened a letter from a bank or building society and cried all evening, so don't feel you're alone in that! There are good and bad days, though and coming here is the first step towards a good day :D
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    You've got to get a new bank account then, so that your wages are your own and not the banks to swallow in their fees.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • LittleL_4
    LittleL_4 Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Penny :hello: Things will get better from now on. I have roughly the same amount of debt as you and I was in a bad way too, but honestly hun you'll get there with our support. Have a good old cry then say RIGHT how am i gonna solve this. You've had your lightbulb moment and that's a good thing - stick around and everyone will help along the way. Remember to post your SOA as soon as.....
    Little L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    £20 grocery challenge per week
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
    DMP £357 pcm (CCCs) commenced 1/10/06
    DFD :think:
    proud to be dealing with my debts
  • penny698
    Options
    LittleL wrote:
    Hi Penny :hello: Things will get better from now on. I have roughly the same amount of debt as you and I was in a bad way too, but honestly hun you'll get there with our support. Have a good old cry then say RIGHT how am i gonna solve this. You've had your lightbulb moment and that's a good thing - stick around and everyone will help along the way. Remember to post your SOA as soon as.....
    Little L
    x

Thank you, just having a drink problay not the best idea, but just feeling down I am sure I will feel better tomorrow

xxx
  • penny698
    Options
    Ames wrote:
    You've got to get a new bank account then, so that your wages are your own and not the banks to swallow in their fees.

Hi I have applied with 3 bank accounts now and have been turned down, I have now tried with nationwide so keep your fingers crossed for me

x
  • LittleL_4
    Options
    Have you tried Natwest basic solo account? I got it no bother and a few peeps on this site who are bankrupt got one no bother too. Maybe worth trying them...
    L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
  • penny698
    Options
    LittleL wrote:
    Have you tried Natwest basic solo account? I got it no bother and a few peeps on this site who are bankrupt got one no bother too. Maybe worth trying them...
    L
    x

Hi I actually got turned down from them yesterday, I thought I would have no problem!!!!

XXXX
  • LittleL_4
    Options
    Don't understand why? Maybe worth giving them a call coz most peeps have managed with them ok. Very strange.... Is it just a basic account you want? Then i don't see why not...
    L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories