Should I sell my wedding dress?

Options

Comments

• Dolly_Smith
    Options
    god yes - sell it!
    Even if you did get married again you wouldn't want to wear the same one!!!
  • suzyp1982
    Options
    Hi there definaly is a market for certain designs of wedding dresses, whats your like? and who's it by?

Try listing it on https://www.confetti.co.uk they have a "for sale" bit in their forum and its FREE! also https://www.weddingideasmagazine.co.uk is FREE to.

most people sell for just less than half the cost they bought it for
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    Still have mine, its been wrapped up in tissue in a black plastic bag since 1982, was tossing up the idea of having it die and wearing it to my brother-in-Law wedding next year, when we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, then again thinking of buying a sexy slinky number (size 8/10) to remind him how lucky he, is as he's still got me:D :rotfl:
    Debt Free!!!
  • Brassic
    Brassic Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there, thanks all for the comments. It's a Stevies Gown dress, from the Athena Marie collection. Cost around 800 quid new and is beautiful (imho!). Will bite the bullet and do as you all suggest and advertise it today - thanks for the links folks. Was going to post a piccie, but I kinda like being faceless on here for the time being :D
    Debts @ lightbulb moment (13/06/2006) - £59,842.23 :eek: All commercial debts now clear!!! :T Debts April - £20,000 to family (incl extra £10k borrowed for house deposit). DFD - Aug 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Goal of the month - £500 on groceries for family of 5 - Apr 2011 - £620! :( May - £454.85 so far.
  • kittykat100
    Options
    Mines a Ronald Joyce, and apart from the car was the most expensive thing I ever bought.!

Life is sometimes a bit pants but occasionally you can wear your french knickers! :D
  • Brassic
    Options
    Still have mine, its been wrapped up in tissue in a black plastic bag since 1982, was tossing up the idea of having it die and wearing it to my brother-in-Law wedding next year, when we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, then again thinking of buying a sexy slinky number (size 8/10) to remind him how lucky he, is as he's still got me:D :rotfl:

Buy the sexy slinky number :D :cool: ;)
    Debts @ lightbulb moment (13/06/2006) - £59,842.23 :eek: All commercial debts now clear!!! :T Debts April - £20,000 to family (incl extra £10k borrowed for house deposit). DFD - Aug 2014
    Goal of the month - £500 on groceries for family of 5 - Apr 2011 - £620! :( May - £454.85 so far.
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: that's not the DFW way:D :D !!!
    Debt Free!!!
  • Brassic
    Options
    LOL - I was just about to go back to my post and add a disclaimer about my previous comment not being terribly MSE!!! That was pure feminine instinct coming through there!
  • cupid_s
    cupid_s Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Brassic wrote:
    Hi there, thanks all for the comments. It's a Stevies Gown dress, from the Athena Marie collection. Cost around 800 quid new and is beautiful (imho!). Will bite the bullet and do as you all suggest and advertise it today - thanks for the links folks. Was going to post a piccie, but I kinda like being faceless on here for the time being :D

would it need cleaning before? if so remember to factor this cost in.

My friend paid £85 to get her wedding dress cleaned and didn't even sell it for this much even though it had cost over £1000 new
  • Brassic
    Options
    My friend paid £85 to get her wedding dress cleaned and didn't even sell it for this much even though it had cost over £1000 new

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, I haven't ebayed it, I don't think that's the best place tbh, so hopefully I'll be able to work it all out so I do come out with a profit.

It will need to be cleaned - but not getting it done until I've had some interest.

It's driving dh nuts atm, as I had to use the box it was in to send something I'd sold on ebay - so now it's hung on the back of the wardrobe door. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure