Free Theatre & Concerts Tickets - Discussion Area

Comments

• just got back from guns n roses - but dont look surprised - i left after 25 mins!!!

Tickets were ok - Block 213 in upper teir to the right of stage - perfect view.

The didn't do the soundcheck until 10:15 and they finally came on at 10:35!! i was hoping they would come on 10 at the latest so i would get an hour - but no, i got 25 mins then left.

We didn't sit there from 6:30 though, we got tickets then went to the pub until 9:30 :P i feel sorry for people who paid 50 quid (loads of people were walking out at 11 to get the last bus/train) and the stewards who will be there until about 1am - also they will ahve no buses or trains at that time!!!

Thats the last time i go and see Axl and his band i think - plus to top it off, the sound was really loud and muffled so you couldn't understand what axl was singing half the time and hardly anyone seemed to be having fun near me, everyone was sat there and even the standing crowd weren't really moving much.

All in all, thanks for the poster who advised on teh code - but honestly i would have rather come home after work and done something else :)
  • turniplord wrote: »
    just got back from guns n roses - but dont look surprised - i left after 25 mins!!!

Tickets were ok - Block 213 in upper teir to the right of stage - perfect view.

The didn't do the soundcheck until 10:15 and they finally came on at 10:35!! i was hoping they would come on 10 at the latest so i would get an hour - but no, i got 25 mins then left.

We didn't sit there from 6:30 though, we got tickets then went to the pub until 9:30 :P i feel sorry for people who paid 50 quid (loads of people were walking out at 11 to get the last bus/train) and the stewards who will be there until about 1am - also they will ahve no buses or trains at that time!!!

Thats the last time i go and see Axl and his band i think - plus to top it off, the sound was really loud and muffled so you couldn't understand what axl was singing half the time and hardly anyone seemed to be having fun near me, everyone was sat there and even the standing crowd weren't really moving much.

All in all, thanks for the poster who advised on teh code - but honestly i would have rather come home after work and done something else :)

I did the same we came out at 11.05pm as hubby was in work early this morning. All the people leaving for the train were really having a go at the MEN staff.

Aprilshower
  • Rainey_LB
    Rainey_LB Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    I did the same we came out at 11.05pm as hubby was in work early this morning. All the people leaving for the train were really having a go at the MEN staff.

Aprilshower

Oh dear, not a good night! Think the lateness etc is why there were so many free tickets going.

............not the staff's fault though, that's a bit bad, what can they do if Axl decides not to show up til late!! I have to deal with the public and it really annoys me how people think its acceptable to be so rude to people who are only trying to do their job and they get abused because of things they have no control over.
    :hello:
  • we went to men last night it was fantastic . why people took free tickets and left did you really thinnk axl would come out on time when he never ever does it part of the expereince !!!!!!!!
    the free tickets were meant for people to have a good night no for those to take freebies and moan aba it !!!
    it was free!!!!!!!!!
    many thanks to the op we had the best time ever!!!!!

january NSD 1/20
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Such a shame that Axl still hasn't got his act together, he should respect the fans and realise that people will have travelled to get to the MEN and not everybody will have travelled by car. Surely he should understand that public transport finishes at some time and people need to catch the last bus/train/Metro etc

However, it isn't right to have a go at the MEN staff, it isn't their fault and they too would be affected by the late finish. I'm pretty sure that they don't earn a fortune and that taxi fares aren't neccessarily a part of their fiscal budget. :naughty:
  • Poochface
    nettibetti wrote: »
    we went to men last night it was fantastic . why people took free tickets and left did you really thinnk axl would come out on time when he never ever does it part of the expereince !!!!!!!!
    the free tickets were meant for people to have a good night no for those to take freebies and moan aba it !!!
    it was free!!!!!!!!!

nettibetti, it really isn't up to you to say who should and who shouldn't accept the tickets. The reason there have been so many free tickets to the GnR gigs is because the fans are fed up with Axl Rose's attitude towards them. He should realise that the fans make or break an artiste or band and one day he miight come out on stage to find that they've given up and gone home or not turned up in the first place. He wouldnt like that would he? This lack of respect to his fans will also be reflected in album sales, it's about time he showed some respect to the very people who made his career what it is.

People have every right to complain over the late starts to this tour. Not everybody will have travelled by car and all public transport ends sooner or later at night. How do you expect people to get home? Walk? Even the Arena staff have to get home and I'm very sure that their wages aren't so high that they can afford to take taxis. Maybe they should ask Axl to pay. It isn't part of the experience, it is sheer arrogance and disrespect.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Interesting thing I learnt last night is when I got my free tickets the seats were upper tier and a bit rubbish. I went over to the ticket enquiries section inside the MEN arena and they just swapped them for standing wrist bands without any problem at all. Gig was ok but had to leave after an hour as i would have missed my last train.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    we went to men last night it was fantastic . why people took free tickets and left did you really thinnk axl would come out on time when he never ever does it part of the expereince !!!!!!!!
    it was free!!!!!!!!!

I had a brilliant time but even living in London I had to leave early - it would have cost £17.50 just to park at the O2 with petrol on top so I had to go by train and leave before the end - coming on stage late is one thing but coming out and playing well past the last London tube home is quite another when the O2 is stuck right out on the far side of London! If I'd have paid for my ticket I'd have been even more annoyed. I'm surprised the venue let them do this as other more Central London venues would have had a strict curfew time.. the staff were also unhappy there as we spoke to them as we left as we wanted to get a ticket to keep and they had to hand them back out after.
  • Poochface wrote: »
    nettibetti, it really isn't up to you to say who should and who shouldn't accept the tickets. The reason there have been so many free tickets to the GnR gigs is because the fans are fed up with Axl Rose's attitude towards them. He should realise that the fans make or break an artiste or band and one day he miight come out on stage to find that they've given up and gone home or not turned up in the first place. He wouldnt like that would he? This lack of respect to his fans will also be reflected in album sales, it's about time he showed some respect to the very people who made his career what it is.

People have every right to complain over the late starts to this tour. Not everybody will have travelled by car and all public transport ends sooner or later at night. How do you expect people to get home? Walk? Even the Arena staff have to get home and I'm very sure that their wages aren't so high that they can afford to take taxis. Maybe they should ask Axl to pay. It isn't part of the experience, it is sheer arrogance and disrespect.

:eek:the tickets were meant for people who were willing to wait everyone know he never ever comes out on time if you want better seats get ya wallet out .
    the night was fantastic he gave a good show and the staff knew what time it was likely to finish cos they told everyone on the doors we got a train home all be it in the early hours but we dont whinge aba getting something for nothin unlike some miserable people who claim free tickets and moaned aba everything the tickets were given away for people to have a good time and thats what we did the people moaning at the staff thats a bit stupid you choose to stay!!!!!

we had the best night ever feel sorry for the boring people who dont live for the moment rock on all the people who were on the upper tiers having a ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:A

january NSD 1/20
  • Poochface
    :eek:the tickets were meant for people who were willing to wait everyone know he never ever comes out on time if you want better seats get ya wallet out .
    the night was fantastic he gave a good show and the staff knew what time it was likely to finish cos they told everyone on the doors we got a train home all be it in the early hours but we dont whinge aba getting something for nothin unlike some miserable people who claim free tickets and moaned aba everything the tickets were given away for people to have a good time and thats what we did the people moaning at the staff thats a bit stupid you choose to stay!!!!!

we had the best night ever feel sorry for the boring people who dont live for the moment rock on all the people who were on the upper tiers having a ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:A

You may well have had a good time but other's didn't. Please respect their opinion. Personally I returned my ticket when I realised that even going for the last coach home at midnight I would still have missed part of the concert.That was my decision.

People aren't boring for moaning, they have a right to complain in this forum just as much as you have a right to say you had a good night.

BTW the tickets were free because they were unsold. And as for getting your wallet out, it still would have ended late for the people who paid!

BTW please use some punctuation, your posts are extremely difficult to read with the words running into each other. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure