IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS and winning in court

Options

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    "Motorists do have a legal right of appeal"

And the statute covering appeals for PPC tickets is?

Oh I forgot there isn't one.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    They also seem to think that they do not have to disclose who their clients are. Well, not on a website perhaps but in court? As they are unlikely to actually own any of the car parks that they operate in then someone at some point is going to put them to proof that they have been granted full agency rights. Well, I would anyway. That would oblige them to disclose the details of the contract they have - and besides its perfectly possible to make an application to the Land Registry.

Honestly, unshaved chimps could do better.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Somebody on another thread mentioned that they had been informed by the BPA that it is against their code of practice to have to send in any money demanded on the parking ticket if you want to "appeal". And what do we find on UKCPS's website:-

Please enclose your name and address so the appeals department can reply to your letter. Enclosing payment and your parking charge notice will ensure that excess charges will not be added during the appeals procedure. If your appeal is successful a full refund will be given.

So a quick complaint to the BPA?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • landmark
    landmark Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Somebody on another thread mentioned that they had been informed by the BPA that it is against their code of practice to have to send in any money demanded on the parking ticket if you want to "appeal". And what do we find on UKCPS's website:-

Please enclose your name and address so the appeals department can reply to your letter. Enclosing payment and your parking charge notice will ensure that excess charges will not be added during the appeals procedure. If your appeal is successful a full refund will be given.

So a quick complaint to the BPA?
    I've tried complaining to the BPA.

They either make excuses or ignore the complaint if there is no excuse available.:(
    If it moves; sue it!
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2010 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Petertit wrote: »
    UKCPS has won more court cases than I have had hot dinners (and I have had a few of those). All ignore gets you is a big fat CCJ. Barely a week goes by without another legendary UKCPS court win.

We particularly like facing the "Eagles". Never lost against them yet

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh dear I think you missed your vocation, you should be on the stage that is the best laugh I have had for ages, have you got any more like that in your repertoire.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    ""We particularly like facing the "Eagles". Never lost against them yet""

I assume this is in the role play they do in the office when it gets quiet.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2010 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Yet another example of what utter bar-stewards UKCPS are (from CAG) :-

Hi all i was parked in b+q car park in liverpool in disabled bay had blue badge but he still gave ticket he said it was upside down?the car is registerd in my sons name he has recieved 3 letters so far from ukcps i have took the advice of the forum and ignored them so for just got a letter today from a company called court proceedings ltd from london.thay have ask me to settle at £95 pounds in seven days or thay will issue court proceedings with the car being in my sons name i dont want him to get issued with court papers.were do i go from here?should i pay or still ignore them? thanks

The use of the name "Court Proceedings Ltd" seems specifically designed to scare people into paying. Are you reading this Mobilise?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Jules22
    Jules22 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I'd love them to take me to court.

They would be the losers...FACT!

I'm up to the 5th letter from them and its nicely filed away. I did appeal but the didnt reply (How Rude) so if you watching this thread.........

BRING IT ON UKPC....I'm waiting!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    UKPC or UKCPS? They are different companies.

Same scammer industry though; safe to ignore both.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jules22
    Jules22 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    UKPC or UKCPS? They are different companies.

Same scammer industry though; safe to ignore both.

OOOPS got carried away.

I am now ignoring them. I just get a HUGE laugh every time I receive another letter.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh and I've got the message out to family and friends NOT to pay any money to these scammers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure