We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Iphone - Retrieving a Recorded Voice Mail Message

Bach_Off
Bach_Off Posts: 91 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Hi there,

My late husband had an Iphone and I was wondering if any helpful person knows of a way of retrieving the recorded Outgoing Message on his voicemail? Is it stored as a media file on the phone?

I rang O2 customer services who suggest there isn't any surefire way of doing this other than putting the phone on speaker and recording it with a dictaphone. But I not sure the quality will be good enough and I don't want to cancel the contract until the recording is secure.

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

  • O2_Company_Representative
    O2_Company_Representative Posts: 88 Organisation Representative
    edited 7 October 2010 at 4:56PM
    Hi CurleyGirlie

    Please accept my condolences - I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

    Could you drop me an email at webteam@o2.com with your late husband's mobile number? I can't make any guarantees at the moment but I can suggest some alternatives to the dictaphone at the very least.

    Thanks
    Chris
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of O2. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • Bach_Off
    Bach_Off Posts: 91 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Chris,

    Thank you for picking this up - I have sent you an e-mail with all the details and look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
  • Bach_Off
    Bach_Off Posts: 91 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Chris,

    Sorry to bother you but I just wondered if you'd had any luck with this query? I've been paying £35.00 a month since February and can't really afford to keep the phone subscription running for too much longer.

    Many thanks,
  • Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    You could try downloading an iPhone application called iPhone Recorder which I believe can do the job. Good luck.
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • O2_Company_Representative
    O2_Company_Representative Posts: 88 Organisation Representative
    Hi CurleyGirlie

    Sorry for the delay - I've sent you an email.

    Thanks
    Chris
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of O2. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
  • Bach_Off
    Bach_Off Posts: 91 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Chris,

    Thank you so very much. This recording made in much happier times, so it means an awful lot to me and his three girls. R, x
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    sorry to hear about your loss cg x

    nice of chris to help you out
    What goes around-comes around
  • O2_Company_Representative
    O2_Company_Representative Posts: 88 Organisation Representative
    Hi CG

    You're more than welcome, I'm glad I was able to help. My very best wishes to you and your family.

    Chris
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of O2. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.