We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can I pick your brains - Blackberry ??
sammylou100
Posts: 390 Forumite
in Mobiles
Good morning,
I currently have an AMAZING Orange contract (£9 a month gets me 400 mins and unlimited texts) which doesn't expire until June, however the phone I got with this contract is literally dying on me. I asked in the Orange shop what would be the best thing to do and they said cos I have such a good contract I should buy a new phone and keep this contract. I have decided to get a Blackberry 8520, spoke to the guys in the Orange shop who advised me that I would have to pay an extra fiver a month to get the online bundle (does that sound right?) , which is fine. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good deals on the Blackberry 8520 please? I guess if its not on Orange I can get it unlocked. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I currently have an AMAZING Orange contract (£9 a month gets me 400 mins and unlimited texts) which doesn't expire until June, however the phone I got with this contract is literally dying on me. I asked in the Orange shop what would be the best thing to do and they said cos I have such a good contract I should buy a new phone and keep this contract. I have decided to get a Blackberry 8520, spoke to the guys in the Orange shop who advised me that I would have to pay an extra fiver a month to get the online bundle (does that sound right?) , which is fine. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good deals on the Blackberry 8520 please? I guess if its not on Orange I can get it unlocked. Thanks in advance for any advice.
0
Comments
-
Yes, you need a Blackberry internet service (bis) for short license to make the email and data services on a Blackberry work, and the current charge is a fiver
The 8520 is very cheap on payt, you'd prob be best adding bis to the plan you've got, and paying 120 or so for the blackberry on Orange payt, then just using your contract sim0 -
Yep, buy the phone on payt and just keep your contract."We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards