We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Mobile Internet - Time out?!?! on HTC Tytn II
I switched to Orange from o2 last month and am on Panther which is supposed to be unlimited internet (1gb soft limit). I am using the SIM in my HTC Tytn II and since moving, the internet is incredibly slow (even in 3g or H areas with full bars) and constantly times out to an error page, even when you have just clicked on it. This happens 99.9% of the time and is most frustrating :mad:.
The Orange settings were downloaded automatically when I put the SIM in and I have checked against those listed on the internet and appear to be set up properly - am I missing a setting somewhere as I am sure this cannot be the same for everyone (friends are on Orange and never mention problems and those with iPhones seem to get internet at broadband speeds)?
When I was on o2 the data connection was always on but since switching it seems to need prompting into life, plus my email accounts that automatically synced with MS Exchange and GMail now rarely sync even with prompting.
Any ideas welcomed to get this working properly.
Many thanks
Anon
The Orange settings were downloaded automatically when I put the SIM in and I have checked against those listed on the internet and appear to be set up properly - am I missing a setting somewhere as I am sure this cannot be the same for everyone (friends are on Orange and never mention problems and those with iPhones seem to get internet at broadband speeds)?
When I was on o2 the data connection was always on but since switching it seems to need prompting into life, plus my email accounts that automatically synced with MS Exchange and GMail now rarely sync even with prompting.
Any ideas welcomed to get this working properly.
Many thanks
Anon
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards