We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trying to get 3 PAC

Hi,

Basically my partner is about to enter the 2nd last month of her 18 month contract on 3 and is wanting to get a new phone with a different network now. We are more than prepared to pay the remainder of the contract, so last night she phoned to request her PAC so she could get a new phone at the weekend and port her number over.

The first time she called, the guy on the other end just went on and on and on with the offers, upgrades, etc etc. Eventually, she just hung up.

She then called back again an hour later and this time was extremely polite to the guy, even though he was also offering the same stuff over and over and over... About 15 minutes later and a thousand "no thanks", the guy finally accepts her request and says he will pass her request on to the "PAC department" and when is the best time to call back (she said tomorrow night).

I've done some reading around and have never heard of a "PAC department" or anyone requesting a PAC needing to be called back, I've only read that they got the PAC right away in a text message.

I'm worried that this is going to go on and on and eventually things will !!!! up as her contract will autorenew, etc.

Interestingly enough though, when I cancelled my 3 contract a few months ago I got the cancellation immediately (I didn't ask for a PAC, and told the operator I already had a new contract with another network - perhaps that's why I didn't get the relentless sales offer).

So, are 3 trying to give us the runaround here? Has anyone else had to wait for a callback from 3 to get a PAC? What are the chances that someone actually does call back and provide her with the PAC? If they don't, what action can we take? I know Ofcom state that the operator has to provide you with the PAC within 2 days of it being requesting, but then again I also know if they don't there isn't really anything you can do about it...

We just want the PAC so we can port her number and cancel the contract, is that too much to ask?! :mad:

Comments

  • Contracts don't "autorenew", they just switch to a rolling 30-day one.

    Getting a PAC from Three is notoriously difficult. Get your partner to ring them again and if she has any hassle then for her to ask to speak to a manager. If she has no joy there then just go straight to the top and email [EMAIL="executive.office@three.co.uk"]executive.office@three.co.uk[/EMAIL]. If you do end up raising the issue with the executive office then they promise to get in touch within five working days. It's more likely that you'll hear from them quicker than that, though.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • Contracts don't "autorenew", they just switch to a rolling 30-day one.

    Ah, I was unsure about what happened if you don't renew or cancel, so it just turns into a 30 day rolling contract on your current price plan and package?
    Getting a PAC from Three is notoriously difficult. Get your partner to ring them again and if she has any hassle then for her to ask to speak to a manager. If she has no joy there then just go straight to the top and email [EMAIL="executive.office@three.co.uk"]executive.office@three.co.uk[/EMAIL]. If you do end up raising the issue with the executive office then they promise to get in touch within five working days. It's more likely that you'll hear from them quicker than that, though.

    I have the Executive Office street address, email address and phone number, in fact I live and work in Glasgow and walk past their building every day, so I was keeping the EO contact as a backup measure but I suspect we'll have to exhaust all the usual avenues before the EO will take up the case...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.